The Student Room Group

Currie test center in Edinburgh?

Hi,

Just wondering if any one has any experience (good or bad) with the Currie test centre?
Original post by SneakyPenguin
Hi,

Just wondering if any one has any experience (good or bad) with the Currie test centre?

I think I failed there twice and then passed there after a few more lessons - seemed fair enough- I am anxious driver and it did not come naturally to me. I only definitely remember failing once and that was when I almost drove into parked cars (major fault, he made an emergency stop - I kind of disagreed with the examiner then, but my word against his), but I would have failed anyway due to an accumulation of minor faults (hesitancy in several situations). I am not sure if I did fail a second time or if I just decided to delay taking my test for another year.

No bay parking when I sat my test a few years back.
See, that's where i feel utterly stupid, everything else i feel confident with (on a good day) but bay parking just baffles me lol I've tried to have people explain it to me and unfortunately i am surrounded by impatient people that get frustrated and bark at me to just turn the steering wheel left/right etc
Original post by SneakyPenguin
See, that's where i feel utterly stupid, everything else i feel confident with (on a good day) but bay parking just baffles me lol I've tried to have people explain it to me and unfortunately i am surrounded by impatient people that get frustrated and bark at me to just turn the steering wheel left/right etc

Would be surprised if they've found somewhere for the bay parking, ask your instructor to make sure its not one of the manoeuvres, I think bay parking is an option for the Musselburgh test centre though.

They generally take you quiet places for your manoeuvres so you don't inconvenience other people. As always take your time, keep your cool and don't let yourself be rushed.

If you are driving around Edinburgh as a learner the chances are you will find the independent driving bit fairly straightforward too as there is only a limited number of different routes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending