The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

I am scared that I will regret transferring universities?

Guys,

I am currently doing a foundation year at the university of hull, but I am looking to transfer to Leicester.

But the problem is that I have grown attached to Hull, I really like th area around the university, it has a nice student area feel to it and every thing is so calm and cozy. That's what I like about hull.

I went to visit the Leicester campus and although the campus looks amazing, the surrounding area is just not residential. It has a very busy city feel to it and it's literally a 15 minute walk from the city's main train station.

I feel like I made the decision to transfer because I felt that I had to take the chance to transfer now, since transferring after foundation year would be much harder?

EDIT: By the way I forgot to mention that I am transferring out of foundation year, not first year. So i feel that I should rush to transfer now, before it becomes too hard to do so next year?
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't know what to say, just do the pros and cons again.
Compare courses plus imagine how you will enjou spending three years. If you dont want to transfer and can imagine staying , then go and talk to your lecturers/ coirse organisers about the opportunity to stay. You can have an amazing time in either place. Sometimes you have to make choices.
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Don't know what to say, just do the pros and cons again.
Compare courses plus imagine how you will enjou spending three years. If you dont want to transfer and can imagine staying , then go and talk to your lecturers/ coirse organisers about the opportunity to stay. You can have an amazing time in either place. Sometimes you have to make choices.

Yeah I will have to think about this really hard.

The thing is, the buildings of leicester's campus are just a lot prettier than Hull's campus, but Hull has a much nicer surrounding student area imo.

But then again, I ave no guarantee that I would live in the same area again next year in Hull? :frown:

EDIT: By the way I forgot to mention that I am transferring out of foundation year, not first year. So i feel that I should rush to transfer now, before it becomes too hard to do so next year?
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending