The Student Room Group

Bursaries for EU students

I recently applied for student finance for my second year at uni, and was considered eligible only for the tuition fee loan. However, I would also like to apply for a Higher Education Bursary. I was wondering as to where I would get this form? Is it available online or is it meant to be automatically sent to those eligible in the post?

Also, is there a way to check if you have already given consent in your application for information to be shared between Student Finance and your university?
Original post by Sonya P.
I recently applied for student finance for my second year at uni, and was considered eligible only for the tuition fee loan. However, I would also like to apply for a Higher Education Bursary. I was wondering as to where I would get this form? Is it available online or is it meant to be automatically sent to those eligible in the post?

Also, is there a way to check if you have already given consent in your application for information to be shared between Student Finance and your university?

By this do you mean a bursary your own university offers?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
By this do you mean a bursary your own university offers?

I mean the bursary offered by Student Finance.
I mean the bursary offered by Student Finance.

Unless you meet the 5 year residency you wont be eligible for it.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
Unless you meet the 5 year residency you wont be eligible for it.

It also states on my university website that in order to be eligible for financial aid from the the university itself, I need to have my household income assessed by Student Finance England by completing the Higher Education Bursary Form. It also states that this form should have been sent automatically if I have applied for a tuition fee loan?

(this is the university page I got this info from: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/finance/studentfunding/fundingforeustudents/)

Am I then meant to call up Student Finance and ask to be sent this form?
Reply 5
It also states on my university website that in order to be eligible for financial aid from the the university itself, I need to have my household income assessed by Student Finance England by completing the Higher Education Bursary Form. It also states that this form should have been sent automatically if I have applied for a tuition fee loan?

(this is the university page I got this info from: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/finance/studentfunding/fundingforeustudents/)

No - as an EU student, SF won't do that. You need to talk to someone at Exeter to ask how you should go about this. There are contact details on the bottom of the web page you link to.

See page 18 of the form you've already completed:
Bursaries and Scholarships NON-REPAYABLE
Bursaries and scholarships are financial awards made by some universities and colleges toprovide additional assistance to their students. The amount offered would be at their discretion.Students who started their course in academic year 2006/07 or after may be eligible for a bursaryor scholarship from their university or college. If you are eligible for a bursary or scholarshipfrom your university or college you will be assessed for this automatically and you will be sent afurther form to complete.

The forms should be sent to you automatically. If you haven't received anything by mid May then contact Student Finance EU team to request form EU12B.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending