The Student Room Group

Opinions on cars

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project about cars and I would love to get people opinions on cars especially 21-30 year old drivers, let me know what you like or dislike in a car i have a short survey here to help get all your ideas feel free to leave additional comments.

THANKS SO MUCH

https://wireduveronica.typeform.com/to/bGNMRo
Original post by Veronicaw
Hi guys,

I'm working on a project about cars and I would love to get people opinions on cars especially 21-30 year old drivers, let me know what you like or dislike in a car i have a short survey here to help get all your ideas feel free to leave additional comments.

THANKS SO MUCH

https://wireduveronica.typeform.com/to/bGNMRo

Hi there,

I'm a 22 year old female and have owned two cars since passing my driving test at the age of 17.
Obviously with the pressure on young drivers I think the lack of choice is present when considering your first car - what you would like, engine size, colour etc.
I was lucky enough to be given a 2 year old Citroen C1 from my dad as an unexpected pregnancy arose so he needed to upgrade.

I have to say, this was the perfect starter car, great size, shape and a good little drive perfect when you're starting out on the road - I'd probably say it sways to more a female taste as my boyfriend wasn't up for having it when it come to me upgrading!

Anyway, after a lot of hard work to save for a deposit on a new one, I was able to work out what was affordable with a bigger deposit and was able to go for what I really liked and still kept the running costs down.

I am now driving an Audi A1 TDi Sportback - with 1.6 Diesel engine, this has been my 'realistic' dream car from when I first started to learn to drive - not entirely sure what it was that caught my attention about the A1, but I think getting the Audi quality and the typical Audi style but in a much smaller, financially manageable vehicle definitely swayed me.

It was important for me to upgrade to a Diesel engine as I cover a hugeee amount of mileage so better value for money is something I'd always consider in car buying.

For me, the drive itself is what I'd value the most, my little C1 was great but you could hear me approaching a mile off it was that loud, whereas the A1 is much smoother and quieter - amazing given that diesels were known to be the noisier of engines!

being on the road so much, comfort is key, and there's nothing better than having a Bluetooth/phone connection so I can have Spotify connected as well! All that the Audi a1 offers!

Hope this helps you in your project!

L xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending