The Student Room Group

From B to A without a resit?

I got BBB in AS and didn't resit any. Is it possible for me to get AAA if i get As in these components/papers i'm about to give? I checked the minimum marks required to get a B (from the grade thresholds for the exams i gave) and assumed those were my marks. But when i add the minimum marks that would be required for an A in these A2 components i am about to give, it does't add up to the total marks required to get an A (AS + A2).Did anyone of u get an A from B without resitting?And are my calculations wrong?Should i lose hope and give up my aim of getting As?
The uni i want to get into wants me to get AAA minimum...
Reply 1
i dont know anything about UMS and i don't know how to calculate that. My school never told me mine and is closed for now until exams...
Reply 2
Without your ums nobody can work it out for you. However many people move up from b to a grades. Just focus on hitting the a* grade threshold to be on the safe side incase your ums is a low b.

For example if you as ums was 75 ( mid b grade) you'd need 85 ums (mid a grade) to get an a. It's essentially compensating this year for last years grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Zainabr17 it is very possible to go from an B to an A. I can't quite recall the specifics right now but put in the work and you can get there. Good luck. :smile:
Reply 4
That's the thing.. We don't get our ums. We only get our grades. And i found my minimum marks using a gradethreshold.
Reply 5
I wanted to know if anyone has had any such experiences
Reply 6
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
@Zainabr17 it is very possible to go from an B to an A. I can't quite recall the specifics right now but put in the work and you can get there. Good luck. :smile:

Really? Are u sure? :smile:
Original post by Zainabr17

Well the grades are based on UMS. 70% is a low B, 79% a high B. Therefore, next year, to average an A over the whole qualification, you'll need to average between 90% and 81% over your A2 modules depending on where your grade sits. Will have to ask for you score to know.
Original post by Zainabr17

Yes, I'm aiming for an A from a B. I have been predicted to achieve the A and have calculated that it is possible without resits. As @Mathstatician says, though, the percentage you need to get in A2 relies on how high/low your B was. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest