The Student Room Group

Major help on grading circumstances! (please read)

So recently my teacher has been getting stick from management as they are a bunch of ungrateful fools. So my teacher said he may leave after may bank holiday. I currently do edexcel A2 applied ict. We have just near enough finished unit 8 and are about to start unit 11. However if my teacher leaves, there will be no one to help/ give briefs or mark coursework as well as help with exam prep. The question is if we cannot hand in our coursework, would edexcel understand the circumstances and award us our target grades??????? If not me and my peers will be pretty pissed as this subject affects us going to university.
Original post by GiyasU
So recently my teacher has been getting stick from management as they are a bunch of ungrateful fools. So my teacher said he may leave after may bank holiday. I currently do edexcel A2 applied ict. We have just near enough finished unit 8 and are about to start unit 11. However if my teacher leaves, there will be no one to help/ give briefs or mark coursework as well as help with exam prep. The question is if we cannot hand in our coursework, would edexcel understand the circumstances and award us our target grades??????? If not me and my peers will be pretty pissed as this subject affects us going to university.

Is it possible to hand it in to him before he leaves??? I don't know what else to say... :s-smilie: Edexcel might give you special consideration but they'll probably just want another teacher to mark it. Teachers technically aren't supposed to help with coursework so they won't necessarily just give you your target grades....
Reply 2
Original post by Ara8311a
Is it possible to hand it in to him before he leaves??? I don't know what else to say... :s-smilie: Edexcel might give you special consideration but they'll probably just want another teacher to mark it. Teachers technically aren't supposed to help with coursework so they won't necessarily just give you your target grades....

This is what happened we had this teacher last year who after meeting the required spec points, still gave use d's and c's in the coursework. However he left before the xmas break. No explanation, nothing. So we got our current teacher in and it took a while to get to grips to what we are doing and stuff and we decided to focus the unit on databse and spreadsheets as that is more relevant in life as opposed to making a multimedia application. However, due to misbehaving student in the below year, and slack from under appreciating senior staff. He has threatened to leave in may.
Original post by GiyasU
This is what happened we had this teacher last year who after meeting the required spec points, still gave use d's and c's in the coursework. However he left before the xmas break. No explanation, nothing. So we got our current teacher in and it took a while to get to grips to what we are doing and stuff and we decided to focus the unit on databse and spreadsheets as that is more relevant in life as opposed to making a multimedia application. However, due to misbehaving student in the below year, and slack from under appreciating senior staff. He has threatened to leave in may.

Ah right! Okay... Your school sure sounds like fun! :smile: (although the senior team at our school isn't great either... they left a year 13 media studies class without a teacher for four months before realising last week that exams were in a few weeks and that the media studies results might blemish the school's results.)

Good luck with your exams! At least if he leaves after the half term, you'll be in your exam period? I honestly don't know what to say. Good luck?!
Reply 4
according to a text from school he called in sick today as well. Or does it mean hes left and the school are covering it up. they did the same couple months ago with the first guy

Quick Reply

Latest