The Student Room Group

Have you ever sneaked food/drink into the cinema

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My family used to do this all the time; me being the neurotic kid I was I was always like "what if we get caught" lol. Basically the sort of standard chocolate/fizzy drinks/crisps you get at the cinema, for a slightly lower price.
I thought people did this all the time lmao?
I had chicken and chips in cinema last time :biggrin:
yes and ive also watched multiple movies with one ticket, just walk out of one screen and enter the other and nobody will know :smile::smile:
Original post by Mard_arse
It's that bad? lol

Well some stories involve the police so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Laurenhilton1
If so what?

The cinema I go to (Cineworld in Bham) allows people to bring their own food in. So I need not sneak anything.

However I did once bring in a burger (it was midday, screen was pretty empty) and also a subway (again, midday). I would not recommend bringing either of the two, makes the place smell of food.
Original post by Asklepios
Well some stories involve the police so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

The police? You'd have to be held down to still be in the hall till the police arrive. Or someone ****ing grassed and dialed 999 in the middle of Harry Potter and specified exactly where they were.
Who hasn't?
Mainly sweets and stuff
Related but not quite the same was when myself and my lab partner snuck a full pizza and cans of pop into the uni library and ate it :toofunny:
Weed
yes. Sweets and a (non alcohoholic) drink
The police? You'd have to be held down to still be in the hall till the police arrive. Or someone ****ing grassed and dialed 999 in the middle of Harry Potter and specified exactly where they were.

Nah don't mean necessary in the cinema, just this guy

Posted from TSR Mobile
loooooooooooool ****ing hell with that long arse bread mate, you're taking the piss

Erm, no not the long one you're thinking of. I don't just gnaw on bread, it has to have a filling
Original post by toonervoustotalk
Popcorn and coke

I remember watching inception in Wood Green cineworld once and all of a sudden my nose was hit by the smell of nandos chicken:drool: looked behind me and saw two people eating Nandos like no tomorrow :ahee:
I was amazed by how they got through :lol: but got mad respect for them:yep:

When i was like 12 cineworld always used to search me, perhaps because I was a kid. The other one closer to the station, hollywood green or vue now whatever, it's called never ever searched us.
Have I?
About a month ago me and my guy friend bought nandos then went with it to vue cinema in Westfield. I'm sure the people around us must have smelt our spicy perry chicken haha but we didn't care. Let's just say we felt like total rebels because we didn't get caught. On top of that, Beyonce formation was on as we walked up the escalators and we just sang 'I got hot sauce in my bag....SWAG!' lol best day ever. I'll probably do it again but with a big mac burger from Mc. Donalds or spicy wings from KFC.
(edited 8 years ago)
As an ex cinema staff member and recovering cinema addict, this thread is amusing :ahee:

None of the large UK cinema chains prevent you from bringing in cold food, I have no idea where this myth that you're forced to eat £12 bags of Revels or go hungry has come from. Policies on hot food vary but the staff checking your tickets won't give a toss what you're bringing in as long as you aren\'t blatant about it and it doesn't look like something that would take more than 45 seconds to scrape off the floor if you dropped it. Watching kids pulling smug faces at their friends when they think they've smuggled in a loudly rustling bag of crisps under their hoodie was always a highlight of my shift.

Buy what you want and bring it in, don't be a dick and the staff won't care.
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Sneaked? Sneaked!?

*******s! I've taken full Sainsbury's bags in before. Who are they to tell me what I can and can't bring in?

sameeeeeeee
FWIW the cheap cinemas I've been to do disallow bringing in external food/drink, essentially because it subsidises their ticket prices.
Yes, because, and I'll quote my mum here, 'I'm not paying those prices'.
Original post by the bear
i smuggled a cough sweet in last time i went to the pictures. i think i got away with it :colondollar:

the pictures
pictures

are you my granddad
that is so cute
Sneaked? No i just walk in there with my asda bag full of apple juice and chicken satay sticks. Try n stop me douchewods

I lie we sneaked a crate of beer in between 3 of us...Bottles in every pocket... not many places we havent sneaked beer into lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Ive taken a bag of nandos in.
No biggie.

Quick Reply

Latest