The Student Room Group

She cancels first date due to flu. What do I do next? Stop chasing her?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
It feels genuine. I mean on Monday she said she felt ill. I had flu about 7 weeks ago and I was in bed for a week haha. Like I say it's not the cancellation that's bothering me, it's other stuff

If it feels genuine then why are you being so harsh on her? You do realise how ill flu can make you right?

It's not very sympathetic of you. Try thinking about how she must be feeling now.

I think it's ultra petty of you to not thinking she's worth persuing just because she's ill.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok, I think i'll message her later with something like ''I'm free Friday evening and Saturday next week. That should give you enough time to get over your flu. Let's go out then.''. Shall I gage her response and decide how interested she is? Then decide. She'll probably say '' I don't know if i'll be well enough by then''

Wow you sound so rude!!

If someone told me when I should get over a flu, I would tell them where to go **** themselves. Are you completely lacking in social intelligence? Do you realise how ill a flu can make you?

If I was feeling reall ill with the flu, and some guy I was interested in was being completely unsympathetic, needy, demanding, and solely thinking of himself, I'd be turned off in an instant. Well done you've probably lost your chances. And that's not her problem, that is solely yours.
Whilst there is no way of being certain if she has gone off you at the same time she could really have had the flu, it ain't plesant and it does sap your energy.
I think I've well and truly messed it up now in all honesty
I've misphrased the title question. What I meant to say is the whole situation salvageable now, or have well and truly blown it? I'm hoping if I cool off, get stuck into work, and meet up with some friends, that'll give the breathing space she needs. I would like to talk to her on the phone
I've misphrased the title question. What I meant to say is the whole situation salvageable now, or have well and truly blown it? I'm hoping if I cool off, get stuck into work, and meet up with some friends, that'll give the breathing space she needs. I would like to talk to her on the phone

Did you send her that text? If so, what was her reply?

I just feel like you're being too obsessive and too full on. I feel like somethings not quite right.
Reply 26
Date cancelling is bad sign, unless she makes a firm arrangement for the future. To be honest it would be best to leave the ball in her court and to be pleasantly surprised if she does get back to you.
Original post by Twinpeaks
Did you send her that text? If so, what was her reply?

I just feel like you're being too obsessive and too full on. I feel like somethings not quite right.

I haven't sent her any messages since Thursday night. Maybe this is the best thing, I don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending