The Student Room Group

Bleeding During Sex

Hi please excuse the amount of detail i will write in.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 6 months now and everything seems fine but recently for about 3 months she has been having very irregular periods ( like 2 weeks late) and she had abdominal pain. the abdominal pain lasts for the whole 2 weeks and sometimes it can become severe that she cant walk and feels sick. one morning she nearly threw up.

We concluded that it could be an ovarian cyst and that she needs to get it looked at. she is very scared of doctors so she is always trying to delay when she goes.

When we have sex it is usually rough and fast paced and it is the best sex and she never wants me to go slow. a couple of days ago, again, we had rough sex but a bit more rough than usual. near the end of sex about 5mins before she started to bleed from her vagina, noticed this as i pulled out and went to insert again. (btw we always have protected sex) She has no sex during sex.

What could this be, we are like both **** scared. any answers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Hi please excuse the amount of detail i will write in.

Me and my girlfriend have been together for 6 months now and everything seems fine but recently for about 3 months she has been having very irregular periods ( like 2 weeks late) and she had abdominal pain. the abdominal pain lasts for the whole 2 weeks and sometimes it can become severe that she cant walk and feels sick. one morning she nearly threw up.

We concluded that it could be an ovarian cyst and that she needs to get it looked at. she is very scared of doctors so she is always trying to delay when she goes.

When we have sex it is usually rough and fast paced and it is the best sex and she never wants me to go slow. a couple of days ago, again, we had rough sex but a bit more rough than usual. near the end of sex about 5mins before she started to bleed from her vagina, noticed this as i pulled out and went to insert again. (btw we always have protected sex) She has no sex during sex.

What could this be, we are like both **** scared. any answers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

You're right about her needing to see a doctor and theres not really any point speculating until then. You can go in with her if that would help? You may need to push her and make sure she goes. Maybe make the appointment with her and go with her. You could arrange to do something fun afterwards too maybe.
It is possible it's something that could get worse over time and maybe even affect her fertility so it is best to go sooner. It could also be something easy to deal with though so keep thinking of and telling her that so she isn't freaking out about all the possibilities of treatments like surgeries or anything.
She won't know until she sees a doc.
Original post by Kindred
You're right about her needing to see a doctor and theres not really any point speculating until then. You can go in with her if that would help? You may need to push her and make sure she goes. Maybe make the appointment with her and go with her. You could arrange to do something fun afterwards too maybe.
It is possible it's something that could get worse over time and maybe even affect her fertility so it is best to go sooner. It could also be something easy to deal with though so keep thinking of and telling her that so she isn't freaking out about all the possibilities of treatments like surgeries or anything.
She won't know until she sees a doc.

I know but because she has had a rough past (she was raped and she had to go counselling and go to the doctors) she doesn't like seeing them and is scared to see the doctors. Her nan had an ovarian cyst so we think it was passed on. It's so difficult to take her to the doctors because we still go college and it's difficult for me to work around me working and college so I am trying to persuade her to go on her own.
Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it
It probably isn't an ovarian cyst and may just be the sex itself, but the only way to know is to talk to someone qualified who can examine her.

Various sexual health clinics have evening sessions, for example.
Original post by unprinted
It probably isn't an ovarian cyst and may just be the sex itself, but the only way to know is to talk to someone qualified who can examine her.

Various sexual health clinics have evening sessions, for example.

Sorry i forgot to mention she had the cramping before the sex, so before her period about one week before she would get cramping, and atm her period is 2 weeks late and she had really bad pains.

And thank you for that info I didn't know that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest