The Student Room Group

Should european women dress modestly to accommodate other cultures?

Scroll to see replies

No. The West should never have to bend over backwards for refugees. If they don't like the amount of skin they're so used to being covered up, they can go back to where they came from.
I don't agree with the idea that we must alter our way of living for those who come here. Rather they must adapt to ours.
Simple answer No
Original post by Wilfred Little
I see that too. It must drive them mad. It's bad enough for me if I can't wear shorts, I can't imagine what it would be like wearing a hijab or a full niqab. They must absolutely cook.

It's quite funny to see but it's also sad tbh.

They come out with all this rubbish like 'But hell is hotter!' and that Allah will reward them in heaven for their discomfort and for each drop of sweat and so on. (Yuck.) I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to believe in a god who thinks women's faces and bodies are so evil they need to be swathed in mobile black prisons. And to think this god is worthy of your worship. Just wow.
Original post by Achaea
They come out with all this rubbish like 'But hell is hotter!' and that Allah will reward them in heaven for their discomfort and for each drop of sweat and so on. (Yuck.) I cannot even begin to imagine what it must be like to believe in a god who thinks women's faces and bodies are so evil they need to be swathed in mobile black prisons. And to think this god is worthy of your worship. Just wow.

You are sooo ignorant

Spoiler

Erm no, definitely not.
Reply 46
Original post by keturah
Erm no, definitely not.

Strong avatar to post content ratio.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
No. The West should never have to bend over backwards for refugees. If they don't like the amount of skin they're so used to being covered up, they can go back to where they came from.

Is the op about refugees or just muslims in general though? @Erebor
of course not, **** muslim traditions and ****ed up common sense
No, but it shouldnt be public indecency i.e. walking with your tits out

In all honesty, the women there should dress fairly modestly seeing as there is a problem there, you're just unnecessarily putting yourself in a vulnerable position when you are fully aware that there are these perverts around and there is a rape problem.
Original post by 0to100
Is the op about refugees or just muslims in general though? @Erebor

Looks like refugees but the majority of them are Muslim..
Of course not, what a stupid question.

All of forced castration for animalistic ***** who can't control themselves though.

Original post by Erebor
''A school in Bavaria has sent a letter home to parents warning them not to let their daughters wear revealing blouses or short skirts, because emergency accommodation for refugees has been set up next to the gym''

I bet that's more to protect them from rape, rather than respecting another "culture".
(edited 7 years ago)
It would be a good idea short term.
Reply 53
Original post by HAnwar
We already know where this thread is going.

Where is it going?
Original post by M14B
Where is it going?

To the forum bin
Original post by Youngmetro
No, but it shouldnt be public indecency i.e. walking with your tits out

In all honesty, the women there should dress fairly modestly seeing as there is a problem there, you're just unnecessarily putting yourself in a vulnerable position when you are fully aware that there are these perverts around and there is a rape problem.

"Rape problem?" "Tits out?" Where do you get this **** from laddy
Original post by 0to100
"Rape problem?" "Tits out?" Where do you get this **** from laddy

you think there isnt a rape problem in Germany and Sweden caused by migrants? You think walking tits out isnt public indecency?

seriously mate, dont try to provoke me.
Original post by Youngmetro
you think there isnt a rape problem in Germany and Sweden caused by migrants? You think walking tits out isnt public indecency?

seriously mate, dont try to provoke me.

lmao at last line like we're outside a pub but anyway I never said there isn't rape but "rape problem" makes it seem like youre discussing bloody ebola, like it's a virus goin round.

It's not an actual problem is rape? If people across the country get their front gardens pissed on, we don't have a problem do we? Just random ppl wanting to piss in gardens.

I'm saying I don't like "rape problem" how you worded it as if raping is natural or contagious and needs to be cured. It's just random human beings doing this.

And I laughed at tits out because who the hell has their tits out seriously mate
Reply 58
Original post by Erebor
Italy :

Germany :

http://www.thelocal.de/20150626/refugee-school-calls-for-uniform-modesty

''A school in Bavaria has sent a letter home to parents warning them not to let their daughters wear revealing blouses or short skirts, because emergency accommodation for refugees has been set up next to the gym''

Cliffs: men from other cultures can't help themselves if they see a woman showing skin or even curves under tight clothing so if a woman gets harassed/raped/worse it's pretty much her fault since men can't help themselves.

No way, we should be able to dress however we like as. If we went to an Arab country then yes we should have to align with their dress standards out of respect for their culture but they can't start coming over here and telling us what to wear, that's not how it works. We are very accepting when it comes to foreign cultures I feel, but we shouldn't have to follow their regulations when we're in our own countries.
Original post by 0to100
lmao at last line like we're outside a pub but anyway I never said there isn't rape but "rape problem" makes it seem like youre discussing bloody ebola, like it's a virus goin round.

It's not an actual problem is rape? If people across the country get their front gardens pissed on, we don't have a problem do we? Just random ppl wanting to piss in gardens.

I'm saying I don't like "rape problem" how you worded it as if raping is natural or contagious and needs to be cured. It's just random human beings doing this.

And I laughed at tits out because who the hell has their tits out seriously mate

Tits out was just an exaggeration clever

And there is a rape problem: https://majorityrights.com/weblog/comments/muslim_rape_wave_in_sweden/

You're seriously out of touch with current affairs if you didnt know if there was a rape problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending