The Student Room Group

Is Medicine the only course in the university?

year in year out, Department of medicine in universities that are located in different countries always have the highest number of candidate applying for the course. Why the sudden rush into medicine?
Because people want to be doctors, for reasons including respect, prestige, wealth and a genuine care for the wellbeing of others (though this last reason hardly ever holds true)
Original post by Serine Soul
Because people want to be doctors, for reasons including respect, prestige, wealth and a genuine care for the wellbeing of others (though this last reason hardly ever holds true)

I don't suppose you have any evidence to back this claim up, or are you just looking to troll?
Original post by Democracy
I don't suppose you have any evidence to back this claim up, or are you just looking to troll?

I was trying to provoke a reaction :yes:

Thread died down too quick

:laugh:
Reply 5
I was trying to provoke a reaction :yes:

Thread died down too quick

You forgot Asian parents
Original post by Hydeman
:laugh:

Please, don't tell me you haven't met at least one AS Level student who is only applying to med simply for the money? (They're usually the ones that fail to get in and go for law or something instead)

Sure, other jobs can get you a lot more money, but kids don't know that, and if they do, they see med as a more respectable way of getting a wage higher than the average :smile:
Original post by Himtiaz
You forgot Asian parents

Goes under prestige and respect innit

When my mum is like 'Oh, all of so and so's children are doctors, it's so amazing. I can't believe you let me down and didn't apply' :angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending