The Student Room Group

Whats happening with ISIS at the minute???

Whats happening with ISIS at the minute???

Scroll to see replies

Doing Islamic stuff, I dunno.
They are chilling with their under-aged wives, getting drunk on alcohol(they say it's zam zam water), finding ignorant losers to brainwash and most importantly, pretending to look all hard to the West.

I'm so scared of ISIS.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
busy with goats or something....
Reply 4
training fam
Reply 5
killing people somewhere
Reply 6
pretending to be something/one there not :rolleyes:
lol like "who's Rihanna dating now?"
Original post by Synonym
busy with goats or something....

Hahahaa... but in what way...?
Reply 9
Original post by 0to100
Hahahaa... but in what way...?

oh..just riding them
Original post by Synonym
oh..just riding them

Lool smh
Reply 11
At the moment they are basically being destroyed, they have no real military strategy, and their main sources of funding are being bombed by US air strikes. The Kurds are destroying them in Iraq, and the Russian troops are fighting well for Assad in Syria. I would say their days are numbered.
Original post by Defraction

Spoiler

Easy to act hard when you're nowhere near them.
Original post by Longshot800
Easy to act hard when you're nowhere near them.

People act like they are so dangerous but there are terrorist organisations worse than them like Boko Haraam, Al-Shahabaab and no one says anything.

What does IS want? Well, it stands for Islamic State, they want to make the whole world an Islamic State and the best way forward is to get a reaction from the West. Hitler was more dangerous than IS and he committed suicide. The world has a continuation of **** like this and they fail to understand they are making the same mistake over and over again. We shouldn't even care what IS is doing but worry about our own domestic affairs.

IS wanted a reaction from Western countries and guess what, everyone knows them. Don't worry, I'll try to bomb them if you want. :smile:
They've lost a lot of ground to various forces. They've lost parts of northern Iraq the the Iraqi Kurds. They've lost Tikrit and been pushed back from Baiji by the Iraqi army who have also retaken much of Anbar province from ISIS. In Syria they've lost a lot of the Turkish border region to the YPG, while they have lost Palmyra and Qaryatain to the Syrian government.

At the moment, they still control their core territory along the Euphrates in Syria (which includes Raqqa) and a stretch of the Turkish border, with their territory stretching west into Homs and Hama provinces. In Iraq they still control some parts of Anbar province, as well as the area around Mosul.

Iraq map (20 April):
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/5/52/20160501212326!Iraq_war_map.png

Syria map (22 April):
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/8/88/20160501211856!Syrian_civil_war.png

They have gained a bit of ground in Libya, controlling Sirte and many areas along the coast in both directions.
They're trying to stay relevant in the face of 'real' force.
Didn't they just seize a British naval officer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Longshot800
Doing Islamic stuff, I dunno.

Original post by That Bearded Man
Didn't they just seize a British naval officer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A British (merchant, not Royal) Navy officer joined ISIS recently and I believe they killed a US Navy SEAL a week or two back.

Generally though they're getting smashed up in Syria thanks to US and RAF air support and the Kurds on the ground, but their presence in Libya is quite strong I believe. They're also operating on the Sinai peninsula.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending