The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I do.
yes, most people as a whole (multiple races) care about it
Original post by JGang
Do you guys really, genuinely care when you see numerous reports of black youth dying to gang culture on our streets? Be honest. (This is not start a race war, I actually want to know).

Yes of course, they're people too.
Yes I do care. As I care about any person dying in unjust circumstances.
Reply 5
Original post by JGang
Do you guys really, genuinely care when you see numerous reports of black youth dying to gang culture on our streets? Be honest. (This is not start a race war, I actually want to know).

I don't honestly know why this is a question. Why does it matter what race each person is? They are human - they were killed unjustly - yes it's awful and yes I care.

Are you suggesting that because we are white we are less compassionate about the deaths of other races?...
Reply 6
Yes
No, we laugh at you
Reply 8
Original post by celloel
I don't honestly know why this is a question. Why does it matter what race each person is? They are human - they were killed unjustly - yes it's awful and yes I care.

Are you suggesting that because we are white we are less compassionate about the deaths of other races?...

Nope, I'm asking. Its just that i've heard quite a few white people (not all obviously) say things along the lines of 'as long as its not affecting them, then they don't really care'.
Original post by JGang

Why should it be white people's problem if black youths dies in gang related incidents?
I guess I'm living under a rock but I didn't realise there was a major gang culture issue in the UK.
Yes.
Any decent person would care, regardless of the race of who's dying.
Here goes.
I dont care about anyone who is in gang culture dying (of any race, and there are gangs of all races) because they are in gangs who bring misery to others, its thier own fault.

I dont buy the "my circumstances made me a gang member argument" its a choice!
Obviously exceptions for mistaken identity
Reply 15
Original post by TrueDetective01
Why should it be white people's problem if black youths dies in gang related incidents?

I never said it was your problem,I asked if you cared. If you saw a vulnerable person being attacked in the street, it's not your 'problem', it doesnt mean you don't care though.

And using your mentality;

Could you not say the same thing then that, the Allied forces, for example, shouldn't have tried to help the Jews, because its not 'their problem'.

Should the UK, USA and Russia abandon Syria to ISIS, because it's not 'their problem'?

If we all had that mentality, then no one would care about anyone.
Reply 16
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I guess I'm living under a rock but I didn't realise there was a major gang culture issue in the UK.

I guess you are.
Reply 17
Original post by earthworm
Here goes.
I dont care about anyone who is in gang culture dying (of any race, and there are gangs of all races) because they are in gangs who bring misery to others, its thier own fault.

I dont buy the "my circumstances made me a gang member argument" its a choice!

Fair enough, I understand that. However, there is quite a few people who are born into gangs or recruited from a very early age, when they don't fully understand what they're really getting into.
Original post by JGang
I never said it was your problem,I asked if you cared. If you saw a vulnerable person being attacked in the street, it's not your 'problem', it doesnt mean you don't care though.

And using your mentality;

Could you not say the same thing then that, the Allied forces, for example, shouldn't have tried to help the Jews, because its not 'their problem'.

Should the UK, USA and Russia abandon Syria to ISIS, because it's not 'their problem'?

If we all had that mentality, then no one would care about anyone.

Ok, why should a white person care if black youths die from a gang related incidents?
Original post by JGang
Fair enough, I understand that. However, there is quite a few people who are born into gangs or recruited from a very early age, when they don't fully understand what they're really getting into.

Then you need too look at the root cause of it and try to tackle it from there.

Latest

Trending

Trending