The Student Room Group

do you feel like time is passing more quickly as you get older?

Especially since hitting my 20's time seems to be passing so quickly.

Scroll to see replies

It passes more quickly than when I was a child or early teen, sure, but havent noticed a change in perception in the last few years.
Definitely, according to my parents
Definitely. I turned 22 this year and it feels like only yesterday that my Mom was picking out my clothes and handing me a packed lunch every morning before walking me to school.

That's because I'm brown so she still does that - but I get what you mean.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Further to my comment above, I think part of the reason why the last few years has seen time sped more quickly is because more of my life has been taken up with work, caring and other responsibilities. I don't have the freedom of a child to sit and wait or wonder in masses of free time.
Original post by ForestShadow

Spoiler

I recently had to start scrolling :frown:
Original post by Kvothe the arcane
Further to my comment above, I think part of the reason why the last few years has seen time sped more quickly is because more of my life has been taken up with work, caring and other responsibilities. I don't have the freedom of a child to sit and wait or wonder in masses of free time.

I think that's why time appears to be passing so quickly for me, a lack of free time.
This is expected if your life is boring and uneventful, full of virtual pseudo-friendships and completely purposeless.

Of course, greatguy does not have that problem because his life is awesome :awesome:
It does feel a lot faster as you grow up. Each year that passes makes the next less significant, 1 year when you was 10 years old is perceived to be quite a lot, 1/10 of your life passed by. Now I'm 22, 1 year only represents 1/22 of my life so it seems much faster.
I read some report that said mathematically, time does seem to go faster the more you age because you've passed a certain percentage of your life and there is less of it left. Think of it like having an exam that's 2 hours. You start and think 'I've got ages left', but the final 5 minutes where you're rushing to finish feel like they fly by in seconds.
Was that report on buzzfeed by any chance cause thats BS
Yes. I've felt like this ever since my early teens and it feels like time goes by quicker every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Time only goes quicker because my weekdays are filled with things to do. If I were unemployed time would go slowly.
That stuff at school when they're telling us that technology saves time....

Posted from TSR Mobile
i have, year 7 felt so long then when i hit year 8 time flew past and now im doing gcses , miss primary school days with all the bants and no stress
Yes yes yes!
The day are slow, the weeks take their time, months are a bit faster and years just seem to fly by. :flybye:
Original post by greatguy601
this is expected if your life is boring and uneventful, full of virtual pseudo-friendships and completely purposeless.

Of course, greatguy does not have that problem because his life is awesome :awesome:

he's back

Quick Reply

Latest