The Student Room Group

HELP!!! Edexcel Poetry exam!!!!

Im so nervous and screwed for this exam, whats weird is I am fine at analysing unseen poems but I have no idea on how to compare two poems im literally dead its stressing me out so much

please can somebody help me my teachers is not help.

what is a good structure to use and how much should I write? (edexcel lit)
please somebody help me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Ignore the grammar error about teachers i was in a rush and was and im typing on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
In my class we are taught to structure our poetry comparisons with the annogram 'TEWAC'.
Technique/terminology
Evidence
Words from the question
Analysis (speculate if you can)
Comparison
I usually write 6 of these paragraphs altogether, an introduction, a paragraph about the structure of the poem and a brief conclusion.
If you use this sort structure and know the poems you are writing about then I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck, I bet you'll do better then you think! 😊
Reply 4
Original post by Jennykate2000
In my class we are taught to structure our poetry comparisons with the annogram 'TEWAC'.
Technique/terminology
Evidence
Words from the question
Comparison
I usually write 6 of these paragraphs altogether, an introduction, a paragraph about the structure of the poem and a brief conclusion.
If you use this sort structure and know the poems you are writing about then I'm sure you'll be fine! Good luck, I bet you'll do better then you think! 😊

What should I write in the intro?? 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
What should I write in the intro?? 😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always say what the poem is about and write a brief analysis of the title, it doesn't have to be much, i think it's just to show the examiner that you understand the poem as a whole 😊
Reply 6
Original post by Jennykate2000
Technique/terminology
Evidence
Words from the question
Comparison

im still stuck 😭. In the technique part do i write a common feature in both poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ksj.11
im still stuck 😭. In the technique part do i write a common feature in both poems?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you can then do, but if not then I don't think it matters as long as you answer the question through analysing the language somehow! It's a really hard exam so just try your best!
you will fail
lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending