The Student Room Group

Extra qualifications

Hey,

I'm a GCSE student who will have a pretty long summer break after exams and I'm looking to see what qualifications, volunteering or courses I could do to boost my CV. I've wanted to do a first aid course for some time, so I'm considering doing that in the summer, but does anybody else have any recommendations of what I could do to add to my CV?

Fingers crossed everything goes well in the next few weeks and I'll have a good set of results in the following subjects:

- English Language
- English Literature
- BTEC Sport
- German
- Geography
- Textiles
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics

plus Maths and RS which I did last year.

However I want to keep my options open and I'd like to try a load of new things this summer anyway as I might as well make use of the long break I've got. The stuff I do at the moment isn't really something I could put on a CV, I don't suppose the fact that I do aerial silks and trapeze is going to make somebody more likely to employ me! Ideally I'd like to study interior design at uni, so for that I'm not too bothered about extra qualifications, but I want to have a solid CV anyway as I'd like to get a part-time job before then and I want to show that I'm a well-rounded person!

If anyone has any suggestions or advice that would be awesome!
Original post by blissfuleuphoria
Hey,

I'm a GCSE student who will have a pretty long summer break after exams and I'm looking to see what qualifications, volunteering or courses I could do to boost my CV. I've wanted to do a first aid course for some time, so I'm considering doing that in the summer, but does anybody else have any recommendations of what I could do to add to my CV?

Fingers crossed everything goes well in the next few weeks and I'll have a good set of results in the following subjects:

- English Language
- English Literature
- BTEC Sport
- German
- Geography
- Textiles
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics

plus Maths and RS which I did last year.

However I want to keep my options open and I'd like to try a load of new things this summer anyway as I might as well make use of the long break I've got. The stuff I do at the moment isn't really something I could put on a CV, I don't suppose the fact that I do aerial silks and trapeze is going to make somebody more likely to employ me! Ideally I'd like to study interior design at uni, so for that I'm not too bothered about extra qualifications, but I want to have a solid CV anyway as I'd like to get a part-time job before then and I want to show that I'm a well-rounded person!

If anyone has any suggestions or advice that would be awesome!

Volunteering at a charity shop when I was younger was pretty beneficial for my CV so give that a go for a few hours a week :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending