The Student Room Group

IKEA!! Can a 16 year old apply for this job?

Hey guys/gals,

So I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do during my huge 2/3 month break after my GCSEs and naturally I thought about getting a job. I live like next door to the main Ikea in Manchester so I thought I'd get a job there.

I found these 2 adverts on their websites but I'm unsure about whether I can apply (again being 16), can anyone tell me?

I found these 2 jobs:

- IKEA Sales Co-worker

- IKEA Checkout Services Co-worker

Also if you work at IKEA and know how much these jobs are paid could you please post it?

Thanks a lot
Original post by PHInfinity
Hey guys/gals,

So I'm thinking about what I'm gonna do during my huge 2/3 month break after my GCSEs and naturally I thought about getting a job. I live like next door to the main Ikea in Manchester so I thought I'd get a job there.

I found these 2 adverts on their websites but I'm unsure about whether I can apply (again being 16), can anyone tell me?

I found these 2 jobs:

- IKEA Sales Co-worker

Also if you work at IKEA and know how much these jobs are paid could you please post it?

Thanks a lot

I believe that you can as long as you do not need to sell anything age restricted , i believe you will be alright at ikea in that sense. If you meet the specification and you somehow find out you're rejected due to age, it is age discrimination which is a protected characteristic in the equality act. check the NMW rate for your age group
Original post by PHInfinity
Hey guys/gals,

I found these 2 jobs:

- IKEA Sales Co-worker

Thanks a lot

Having looked at the advert, i m afraid that i think you have to be 18 to work there, as legally you can't work after 7pm at 16 in most situations and IKEA want people to work up to 11pm at night, sorry.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Having looked at the advert, i m afraid that i think you have to be 18 to work there, as legally you can't work after 7pm at 16 in most situations and IKEA want people to work up to 11pm at night, sorry.

Ok Thanks a lot for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending