The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Retaking an exam

Hi there,

I recently have sat an financial accounting exam (Year 2) which went really bad for me. I was aiming for an A but I don't think I will even be getting 40%, considering how bad it went for me.
I had coursework for this module, in which I got an A+ and it was 30% of the module. Exam was 70% of the module.

If I achieve below 40% in the exam and have to retake it, would be coursework still count towards the overall for the module? I'm really stressed out and upset over this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Taraah
Hi there,

I recently have sat an financial accounting exam (Year 2) which went really bad for me. I was aiming for an A but I don't think I will even be getting 40%, considering how bad it went for me.
I had coursework for this module, in which I got an A+ and it was 30% of the module. Exam was 70% of the module.

If I achieve below 40% in the exam and have to retake it, would be coursework still count towards the overall for the module? I'm really stressed out and upset over this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am facing the exact same predicament. I also received an A+ on the project and was hoping to achieve an A in the exam. However it went terribly wrong for me, i dont think i passed unfortunately. Regarding your question, the coursework will definitely count towards the overall module grade. I also spoke to the head of department and found out that none of the modules are core. Therefore we don't need to retake if we fail the exam, bearing in mind that we pass the overall module on average. So its not like the maths module we had last year. I still want to retake the exam even if i pass the overall module, but i think they only allow people who fail the overall module to resit. I definitely think i received below 40% in the exam. If i resit and achieve the capped 40% my overall grade would be 55%, which isn't too bad. This would be the same in your case.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending