The Student Room Group

Are you prepared for English lit on Monday?

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men and am freaking out.. ):
Original post by Real_jenn
Who is on OCR here?

Me😭
Original post by Real_jenn
Who is on OCR here?

*raises hand* Moi! Doing An Inspector Calls and OMAM. Dreading it! Good luck for Monday :-)
Original post by salty670
me , I'm doing , of mice and men , jekyll and hyde , a view from the bridge and carol ann duffy

I'm doing Of Mice and Men and An Inspector Calls
Guys I only have notes for the characters, however, there is a lot of themes implemented into my notes. Do you think I can memorise all my notes by today? They're about 12 pages long (double sided haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Guys I only have notes for the characters, however, there is a lot of themes implemented into my notes. Do you think I can memorise all my notes by today? They're about 12 pages long (double sided haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is only for AIC. I don't know what to do about OMAM! Gonna practise the extract question and gonna go through some themes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
I do Edexcel English too and I also do Of Mice and Men along with Animal Farm. My teacher is certain that for the Of Mice and Men section where you get to pick what question you answer, the themes they're likely to ask you is either power or violence. And as for the character option, she thinks it may be Slim. This is because neither of those themes (nor the character of Slim) has come up in past papers.

I'm certain that I'm most likely to pick the theme question.

Original post by NiamhM1801
I'm doing Edexcel for English and I'm bricking it :s-smilie:
However for Literature (prose) I'm going to:
-Make notes on characters throughout both novels (I study Animal Farm and Of Mice and Men) including which chapters/sections they appear in and important scenarios etc.
-Do the same as above with themes
-For OMAM I'm actually going to make essay structures as there's only a limit on what they can ask you - sort of like preparing for an essay beforehand except obviously I won't write them out in full as most of them won't be asked about and I can't memorise a load of essays either.
-Do some practice questions on both novels, but particularly animal farm as I need to work on responses to part (b) and part (c)
Original post by cdaniels2011
Check through the anthology to see if there is a running theme throughout all of the poems because one of the questions in the exam will give you two poems OR it will give you one poem and you can make a choice of your own as to what poem you are going to compare it to.

Did you know we get a copy of all of the poems in the exam? I had no idea.
It's funny that you mention God for the unseens.
Religion, hope and fate all seem to be underlying themes of some past unseen texts.

Yeah I'll do that :smile: thanks
And really? Haha must be reflecting how all the students are feeling :tongue:
Original post by chassan
I do Edexcel English too and I also do Of Mice and Men along with Animal Farm. My teacher is certain that for the Of Mice and Men section where you get to pick what question you answer, the themes they're likely to ask you is either power or violence. And as for the character option, she thinks it may be Slim. This is because neither of those themes (nor the character of Slim) has come up in past papers.

I'm certain that I'm most likely to pick the theme question.

Ah damn really? I'd go for the theme then too as I know nothing about slim!!
However weren't they all expecting Candy last year and he never came up? Or am I thinking about language? I'll need to go through the papers and see what's come up over the years and what hasn't :tongue:
Original post by moggygeorgieee
*raises hand* Moi! Doing An Inspector Calls and OMAM. Dreading it! Good luck for Monday :-)

IM DOING EXACTLY THE SAME AS YOU ARE good luck to you too!!!
Pm me please!! X
Reply 90
I'm doing AIC and TKAM and I'm super scared. I spent like 7 hours yesterday trying to revise but I don't think I'll be able to produce quality work :frown:
Original post by claire_22
I'm not prepared at all, and I have RE the same day.
Is anyone else doing A View From The Bridge?

Yep I'm doing View!! Edexcel IGCSE right??
Original post by claire_22
I'm not prepared at all, and I have RE the same day.
Is anyone else doing A View From The Bridge?

Yeah, me too!
Im doing A View From The Bridge and i have RE paper 2 on the same day :s-smilie:
Original post by octoberrain
I'm so scared about English, I'm doing Edexcel IGCSE. I've got Spanish tomorrow so I should be worrying about that, but then after that I really really need to revise and re-read the books...

Don't worry you are not alone ✋🏽✋🏽 next week will be the death of me
Original post by rihana.c
I'm doing AIC and TKAM and I'm super scared. I spent like 7 hours yesterday trying to revise but I don't think I'll be able to produce quality work :frown:

Look at Mr Salles Teaches English on YouTube he's a lifesaver

Posted from TSR Mobile
My english teacher reckons for 'An Inspector Calls' they have never examined the relationship between Sheila and Gerald. Possible subject?
Going to bang out revision today, haven't started either.
Need to read the two books again lol.

If anyone's got notes or anything on OMAM and AIC please send them through!
Thanks
Reply 97
I'm EdExcel and doing Animal Farm and To Kill a Mockingbird. Really concerned because all the other classes in my year do OMAM so there haven't been any TKAM revision sessions plus there's so much that could come up, I don't really know where to start! Any ideas? I've looked through past papers to see which characters / themes have come up before.
Original post by M14B
wtf is OMAM?

Of Mice and Men.
Reply 99
Exam's in less than 24 hours and I'm still not ready........yay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending