The Student Room Group

How much do you have to write for English lit GCSE

I've got the AQA English Lit exam tomorrow on OMAM and AIC. How much have you been told to write per question, cos I'm not really sure
Reply 1
As much as possible, quantity over quality. If you write as much as possible, you'll end of saying some good things in that pile of s*** that is your essay. It works for me at least.
i do kindertransport and mockingbird but i usually write 3 sides for the first question then again three sides for the second bit (just over 1 side for part a and just under two sides for part b)
Well it's really quality over quantity, and it depends on the size of your handwriting, but my teacher said that on average you should be aiming for around:
3 pages for AIC
1-2 for each OMAM question
It's not about how much you can write. It's about how many points/paragraphs you can make. You're supposed to have at least three points for each question (OMAM and AIC) so that you can spend 15 minutes on three paragraphs in each section
Reply 5
Thanks for your help everyone :smile: good luck anyone who has the exam tomorrow
Original post by Izzebie
I've got the AQA English Lit exam tomorrow on OMAM and AIC. How much have you been told to write per question, cos I'm not really sure

You could write 3 instead of 4 but it's always the quality of your work instead of quantity
Ive been taught to do 3 'big idea' paragraphs (basically 3 PEEL paragraphs) for my eng lit. This takes up about 1.5-2 pages for AIC questions. It really is about quantity rather than quality.
I need help with Of mice and men what should I revise I revised each character the Great Depression and American dream and racism but what else. Please help I hae English lit exam tomorrow
my teacher may be different from yours actually they are both different but i was told to write for the 20 mins extract at least 1 and half A4 paper or the paper given and same for the unseen poetry if u got any but if u still have enough time after the 40 mins one given or if u got time left, coem back and ans more on the 20 mins and 40mins extracts given. does it make sense or naa
Original post by Emmakiehaa
I need help with Of mice and men what should I revise I revised each character the Great Depression and American dream and racism but what else. Please help I hae English lit exam tomorrow

try revising the other themes by typing in to google themes in omam and quotes and if you are directed to shoomp, you will be given what to do and hwta is required from you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending