The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemnerd4life
I think it was a pretty difficult exam for everyone. Disappointed sine and cosine rule didn't come up

Same here, working out angles and lengths are the things I find easiest
Original post by MeganMcAlister
I hope you're right, my teacher predicted me to get an A overall but I was 9 marks off an A in my T4 module, so i really need to work hard for T6

T6 has a bitta markup in it too, ull b grand
Reply 162
Original post by chemnerd4life
I think it was a pretty difficult exam for everyone. Disappointed sine and cosine rule didn't come up

Yeah I agree, I was guaranteed they would since they do every year and they are pretty important but ccea hate us.
Original post by MeganMcAlister
I hope you're right, my teacher predicted me to get an A overall but I was 9 marks off an A in my T4 module, so i really need to work hard for T6

Make sure you know ur sectors, probability and surface areas and volumes; thats where the big marks are in t6
Reply 164
Original post by Okdmd46
On the trig question it was like the angle between space diagnol and base, did u use the same trangle for the answer in the first questtion?

I used the triangle with side 10 and 48? I might be wrong though.
For the 2nd question, did u find the angle in the big triangle and then take it away from 90 and then work on from there in the wee triangle? See the 3rd question, was the answer 175/176 or something like that?
Original post by rl15
I used the triangle with side 10 and 48? I might be wrong though.

I cant mind but i know the triangle i had was the right angle and the angle was on the base ajacent and was connected by the hypotenuse
Original post by Okdmd46
Make sure you know ur sectors, probability and surface areas and volumes; thats where the big marks are in t6

I had a few lessons with a maths tutor because my teacher wouldn't teach us anything after the T4 exam in January, it was awful! My tutor definitely helped, I just need to revise the formulas and stuff :smile:
Reply 168
Original post by Okdmd46
For the 2nd question, did u find the angle in the big triangle and then take it away from 90 and then work on from there in the wee triangle? See the 3rd question, was the answer 175/176 or something like that?

Yeah I just did 315/360 x pie r squared and got 175.9
What was the first and third question on the T4 paper. I did T3 and was hoping to check some answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omw I got -5 aswell are you good at maths?
Reply 172
Original post by chemistrynerd13
What was the first and third question on the T4 paper. I did T3 and was hoping to check some answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 - Cumulative frequency graph
2 - Area of the circle - a sector
Original post by rl15
Yeah I just did 315/360 x pie r squared and got 175.9

Yea it was handy enough, i didnt revise them though becuase i thought they were strictly t6
Original post by Philipstothers
Omw I got -5 aswell are you good at maths?

Yea im decent, doing it for alevel
Reply 175
Original post by Okdmd46

Do you do add maths?
Original post by rl15
Do you do add maths?

Nope our school didnt run it, hby?
Reply 177
Original post by Okdmd46
Nope our school didnt run it, hby?

Yeah but it's actually hell. Pure is alright but I got like 20% in my mechanics and stats mock.
Original post by rl15
Yeah but it's actually hell. Pure is alright but I got like 20% in my mechanics and stats mock.

Yea, even the sound of mechanics and statistics sounds bad lmao
Original post by Okdmd46

Did you get 180-x for circle theorems because I'm pretty sure I'm wrong :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest