The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cll_ws
New owner, new manager, new league, and importantly a new thread to document the post-Lerner resurrection. Here's hoping.

In the meantime, there's some good games to look forward to next season. Blues, Forest, Leeds.

Remember that :biggrin: Absolutely dropped the nut on him.

The first derby in the PL at St. Andrews was memorable. We got bummed on the pitch but the hype surrounding that beforehand and around the city was :cool:

Still remember those yobs running on and one of them slapping Enckelman in the face when they went 2-0 up.
Wilf usually tags everyone. What happened.

It'll be nice to actually win some games, and then when we're finally back in the PL our fans won't have some crazy expectation that we should be doing really well, and will just enjoy it. Should make for a better atmosphere as everytime I've been to Villa Park it's been so toxic recently, and now I wanna go to watch them. The whole club has been a circus and hopefully with the takeover (even though Dr Xia could be some criminal), if we're lucky, we'll come back stronger.

Does anybody know which of our boys are on the radar of other clubs? I can't see any youngsters going to the PL, although surely most of our foreign signings will leave. I must confess, I still believe Traore will stay.
(edited 7 years ago)
Welcome to real football, I remember when we had the first society and things were so bright under O'Neill but by the time we had number II it was McLeish in charge, here is to a new era.
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-details-new-aston-villa-11376514
New board member james Banfill apparently incoming, a business partner of samuelson who he co runs socfin with, a group which helps facilitate/finance football club takeoevers. them 2 and wyness will make up a new look board. I have heard good things about wyness, however some slightly worrying things about samuelson. however it seems they were major players in making this deal, so if it is a successful reign by our new owner I sincerely thank them. they helped take over real Mallorca, which is a brilliant club and right next to the airport there :P
Original post by little_wizard123
Does anybody know which of our boys are on the radar of other clubs? I can't see any youngsters going to the PL, although surely most of our foreign signings will leave. I must confess, I still believe Traore will stay.

I hope he does stay.

Clark being linked with West Brom btw.
Original post by Wilfred Little
I hope he does stay.

Clark being linked with West Brom btw.

Well if they want a shoddy defence then be my guest.

They tend to play four CBs so he'll probably end up at left back 😂
He's one of the people I'd keep if possible as I think he is well suited to the championship but if he wants to go and the offer is good I wouldn't be pissed off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone watch the cnn international live20 minute interview on Facebook? Thoughts?
Reply 28
Original post by neal95
Did anyone watch the cnn international live20 minute interview on Facebook? Thoughts?

Yeah, and I still see no reason to doubt his intentions. Clearly certain things have been confused or lost in translation, and the media have jumped on them.

Seems like a genuine guy, with good intentions. And he appears to be doing his best to alleviate our concerns by addressing all the speculation surrounding him, and in English to boot, which doesn't look like it's easy for him. Fair play to the guy.

If he's confident that he'll pass the league's checks, then I am too.
yeah I think its just a formality. there was one telegraph interview where the interviewer asked him about carson yeung and he said something along the lines of "it offends me", don't compare me to him. LAD
okore is off. oh well, hardly played so not a great loss. I would prefer baker and clark as a championship pairing anyway
Original post by neal95
okore is off. oh well, hardly played so not a great loss. I would prefer baker and clark as a championship pairing anyway

Reply 32
Could become a pretty decent player for any club that takes him. It's a shame, because when he initially snubbed Chelsea in favour of a move to us, he obviously just wanted to play football, and it helped the fans warm to him almost immediately.

Don't think he ever did anything wrong. When he did play, he was usually one of our better players.
It was only a story saying he wanted premier league football not that he is definitely off that I saw

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Delph ruled out of the Euros, lads. I know you've had a **** season, but every cloud eh...
Original post by Mackay
Delph ruled out of the Euros, lads. I know you've had a **** season, but every cloud eh...

Some amusement at least the fact the snake is ruled out.
Welcome to the league of fallen giants.

Remember, you're here forever :cool:
Pearson goes to Derby, so I guess that leaves Di Matteo.
happy with that result. 45, won the champions league and fa cup and been promoted. quality player and seems like a good tactician.
Reply 39
Di Matteo set to be announce and confirmed today, apparently.

Quick Reply

Latest