The Student Room Group

Worst exam board?

I have AQA, Edexcel and OCR for some of my subjects (AQA dominates my exam list though) and I think OCR is the worst because their mark schemes are so confusing! Like somehow they're vague and overly complex at the same time.

Anybody else got a least favourite exam board?
Original post by CaptErin
I have AQA, Edexcel and OCR for some of my subjects (AQA dominates my exam list though) and I think OCR is the worst because their mark schemes are so confusing! Like somehow they're vague and overly complex at the same time.

Anybody else got a least favourite exam board?

I just get on with the exam to be honest. An exam tests your knowledge - it's as simple as that.
Reply 2
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I just get on with the exam to be honest. An exam tests your knowledge - it's as simple as that.

Me too, I still find OCR's mark schemes hard to decipher though!
It just makes revising with past papers more difficult :/
WJEC for me.
AQA sometimes are a bit ... Edexcel are good but at times they are..
I do Edexcel and Edexcel iGCSE, AQA iGCSE, WJEC and OCR. Out of all of those I don't like WJEC but thats probably because I do English lit. and lang. with WJEC and I hate those subjects.
OCR's science exams are the worst! The questions are poorly worded and the mark schemes are really confusing too. AQA are my favourite tbh
Original post by 2016_GCSE
WJEC for me.

I love WJEC, it is so easy. AQA is the most difficult
It depends on the subject tbh.
OCR are !*#^#@ when it comes to geography but :smile: :smile: :smile: when it comes to computer science, compared to edexcel in computer science. Edexcel computer science are so mean, and crap. There isn't a pattern in the exams at all, the mark schemes are SO specific, and the resources from edexcel is crap, especially the textbook, blimming looks like a bunch of wikipedia pages.

AQA is always the best although sometimes their questions are silly.
OCR exam mark schemes aren`t clear I guess.
Edexcel focuses too much on mark scheme answers.
That's like asking what's the worst way to die

But AQA.
Reply 11
Original post by geniequeen48
It depends on the subject tbh.
OCR are !*#^#@ when it comes to geography but :smile: :smile: :smile: when it comes to computer science, compared to edexcel in computer science. Edexcel computer science are so mean, and crap. There isn't a pattern in the exams at all, the mark schemes are SO specific, and the resources from edexcel is crap, especially the textbook, blimming looks like a bunch of wikipedia pages.

AQA is always the best although sometimes their questions are silly.

I'm doing OCR Computing and it makes me cry aha, still glad I didn't do Edexcel though :wink:
The best is Edexcel IGCSE though.
SQA
WJEC. No one makes revision guides or videos on their syllabuses and the overly welsh accent of the speaker in MFL listening exams... don't even get me started

Posted from TSR Mobile
mate you dont understand bad exam boards until you've used CCEA...
you don't appreciate exam boards until you do an exam from cambridge igcse or whatever their name is. mark schemes that are completely wrong in their answers, questions that have answers which are the complete opposite to what they are asking, give no resources except for a textbook that was written by a 2 year old, and expect you to be a university lecturer when answering the questions.

Quick Reply

Latest