The Student Room Group

bf hit me last night :(

Scroll to see replies

My love you better run away and fast.
Original post by Anonymous
I have schizophrenia and last night my bf hit me for not listening to him. I woke up during the night with the voices shouting at me and started to get dressed to go to the train station as they were telling me to. My bf woke up and shouted even louder than the voices that I had to get back into bed, eventually I did and he hit me pretty hard for listening to the voices.

I actually feel kind of scared now. I'm scared he'll hit me again. He threatens it often in the past but this is the first time he's followed through.

I don't know what to think. Are any other girls in this situation?

Leave him ASAP
that's not good..leave him
bf and hitting?? they dont go together
I have schizophrenia and last night my bf hit me for not listening to him. I woke up during the night with the voices shouting at me and started to get dressed to go to the train station as they were telling me to. My bf woke up and shouted even louder than the voices that I had to get back into bed, eventually I did and he hit me pretty hard for listening to the voices.

I actually feel kind of scared now. I'm scared he'll hit me again. He threatens it often in the past but this is the first time he's followed through.

Firstly, I'm so sorry that happened - I'm sure life is difficult enough as a schizophrenic as is. You don't deserve that at all. If you have any friends or family who could help you through a breakup then that will really help. I'm not going to tell you what to do but I think you need to break up with him or atleast speak to someone you can trust. Take care.
Hitting and violence is never, never, never an answer. You know that. Plus violence can and usually does escalate. That being said you two are in a relationship so there must be or have been something good between you two. I strongly suggest that you both seek counseling!! You're boyfriend needs help to know what to when you are having a schizophrenic episode. He needs to learn what is appropriate from a professional. He probably realizes you could end up hurting yourself and he freaked out. You need to seek and be under medical care if you are not already! Your bf can not adequately help you, ever, if you are not under professional medical help. You know your bf - we do not - is he they type that resorts to physical violence and you're not really that surprised by his action or was his behavior completely out of character and he was completely overwhelmed and lashed out (but with help wouldn't do that again). You need to evaluate your relationship, your role in the relationship (good and bad) and what needs to be done to improve and provide safety in your relationship if you want it to continue, otherwise, for both of you, it is time to breakup.
Reply 26
Original post by Steelmeat
he's shouldn't be your bf anymore.
hitting someone else when you're in a relationship with him like that isn't right.
break up now while you still can, a true bf would support you when your mental voices hit not punish you and hit you.

Oh please you have no idea to the back story to this, this 'advice', if you can call it that, is nothing but a stereotypical knee jerk idiotic reply.
Original post by Napp
Oh please you have no idea to the back story to this, this 'advice', if you can call it that, is nothing but a stereotypical knee jerk idiotic reply.

That's right thus i can only base my opinion off of what OP has said. I'm no more qualified to give advice than you are.
The reply is not idiotic, it's simple and suggests what to do and said what's wrong. Also it is a stereotypical reply to a stereotypical case. Problems like these come up all the time on TSR and my response will always be the same for the same thing.
Reply 28
That's right thus i can only base my opinion off of what OP has said. I'm no more qualified to give advice than you are.
The reply is not idiotic, it's simple and suggests what to do and said what's wrong. Also it is a stereotypical reply to a stereotypical case. Problems like these come up all the time on TSR and my response will always be the same for the same thing.

I didn't give advice to start with so bringing in my credentials doesnt make any difference.

Its hardly a stereotypical case this doesnt sound remotely like some abusive partner it sounds like someone who's cracked under the pressure of his insane girlfriend which is easy to sympathise with.
Get away from him, this is clearly his problem not yours.
Original post by Napp
I didn't give advice to start with so bringing in my credentials doesnt make any difference.

Its hardly a stereotypical case this doesnt sound remotely like some abusive partner it sounds like someone who's cracked under the pressure of his insane girlfriend which is easy to sympathise with.

Well youre not really helping by picking on other ppl's opinions -.- also look at other comments, they say the same thing i,e drop the bf and leave him

The point is the stereotype here is to leave their partner. That's the solution. Whatever the case abusive bf, crazy controlling gf or whatever it is, usually the answer is to leave their partner and that's what i'm getting at here.
if he hasn't expressed any sorrow or regret for his action - showing that he would never do such an atrocious act again then leave him.
i tend to believe the best in people, so if he is genuinely apologetic and you KNOW that he won't hurt you again, consider your options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Well youre not really helping by picking on other ppl's opinions -.- also look at other comments, they say the same thing i,e drop the bf and leave him

The point is the stereotype here is to leave their partner. That's the solution. Whatever the case abusive bf, crazy controlling gf or whatever it is, usually the answer is to leave their partner and that's what i'm getting at here.

That in itself is a piss poor arguement as the same goes in reverse he should have dumped her long ago. not my personal opinion but the arguement goes both ways.

That's a solution not the only one, him hitting her once when she was being psychotic doesnt constitute abuse, in the usual sense of it being on going not a one off. Hell it could be argued as justified such as someone being completely hysterical and requiring a slap to bring them back to reality [not condoning its use merely that it works]
Either way nothing in that post states he is abuseive, every body looses their cool once in a while and if shes insane then there we go.
Original post by Napp
That in itself is a piss poor arguement as the same goes in reverse he should have dumped her long ago. not my personal opinion but the arguement goes both ways.

That's a solution not the only one, him hitting her once when she was being psychotic doesnt constitute abuse, in the usual sense of it being on going not a one off. Hell it could be argued as justified such as someone being completely hysterical and requiring a slap to bring them back to reality [not condoning its use merely that it works]
Either way nothing in that post states he is abuseive, every body looses their cool once in a while and if shes insane then there we go.

It's not a poor argument. I have reached a conclusion by looking at OP's post picking out key words such as threatens, he hit me pretty hard and i actually kind of feel of scared now and concluded that in my own opinion that is not some a morally right bf would do.(whether he knew she had the mental disorder or not). And it just so happens that other people have also like me reached the conclusion that OP should leave her bf.

I didn't say that, that was the only solution, however it seems to be the most sensible one. Back to the first paragraph of me quoting OP's post "he hit me pretty hard". I'm not assuming much but it does seem to me that from what OP has said, it was quite harsh of her bf to hit her.

In any case can we pls stop arguing i don't want to anymore, can we leave this at rest?
Original post by Alien Warrior
Never listen to the voices

That's not how it works buddy.

Kill him. Tie a rock to his leg and throw him in the ocean, that will teach him never to do it again.
You need medication and he needs anger management.
I hear voices in my head they council me they understand they talk to me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 38
You definitely need to get away from your bf.
Leave him otherwise he thinks violence can be tolerated. He's stepped past the line.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending