The Student Room Group

Psychology or Sociology A level for a marketing career?

Poll

Psychology or Sociology?

I'm torn between these two subjects.. I want to have a career in marketing in the future and want to study it at uni. My other two subjects are Business and Media. I need to pick a third one, which will be either Psychology or Socioligy. I understand it won't hugely matter but I want to know what would be the more advised choice for me. I have a few questions..
1) Which one is more interesting?
2) Which one is harder/easier?
3) Which one is more suitable for Marketing?
Original post by Hammers15
I'm torn between these two subjects.. I want to have a career in marketing in the future and want to study it at uni. My other two subjects are Business and Media. I need to pick a third one, which will be either Psychology or Socioligy. I understand it won't hugely matter but I want to know what would be the more advised choice for me. I have a few questions..
1) Which one is more interesting?
2) Which one is harder/easier?
3) Which one is more suitable for Marketing?

Hey! So I did both last year and dropped psychology because I got the lowest in it. Both of them are so interesting but it depends on the exam board. I did AQA for both

1) I found both interesting but psychology more, learning about stress etc was so interesting.

2) they are both hard to some extent because there are ALOT of cases to learn in both subjects. You don't need to learn all of them but most of them, especially for psychology. But you can say they are easy because you literally just need to memorise and you will pass. If you can't memorise and have a bad short term memory then forget these subjects, basically, even if you cram the subject the whole night before the exam you can pass.

3) I think sociology is better because it relates more to the world..whereas psychology is about the mind. I think they both relate in some way

What I would do is look at the spec and exam papers and see what interests you most. I dropped psychology because I found A2 topics more boring but sociology A2 is hard because there is so much to learn and to write in 2 hours

Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous_18
Hey! So I did both last year and dropped psychology because I got the lowest in it. Both of them are so interesting but it depends on the exam board. I did AQA for both

1) I found both interesting but psychology more, learning about stress etc was so interesting.

2) they are both hard to some extent because there are ALOT of cases to learn in both subjects. You don't need to learn all of them but most of them, especially for psychology. But you can say they are easy because you literally just need to memorise and you will pass. If you can't memorise and have a bad short term memory then forget these subjects, basically, even if you cram the subject the whole night before the exam you can pass.

3) I think sociology is better because it relates more to the world..whereas psychology is about the mind. I think they both relate in some way

What I would do is look at the spec and exam papers and see what interests you most. I dropped psychology because I found A2 topics more boring but sociology A2 is hard because there is so much to learn and to write in 2 hours

Hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! Cheers man this really helped me 😊 At the college I'm going to sociology is on the AQA course, and psychology is on the OCR course. Not sure if OCR is easier or harder than AQA. I would say that I have a good short term memory, I've crammed the night before for most of my GCSE's me its turned out well haha. Anyway cheers mate, you've really helped 👍
Original post by Hammers15
Hey! Cheers man this really helped me 😊 At the college I'm going to sociology is on the AQA course, and psychology is on the OCR course. Not sure if OCR is easier or harder than AQA. I would say that I have a good short term memory, I've crammed the night before for most of my GCSE's me its turned out well haha. Anyway cheers mate, you've really helped 👍

It's okay 😊 but GCSEs are much easier and sociology/psychology has so much content 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending