The Student Room Group

How do you revise

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by HurtfulHarold
The handsome chap will easily force the USA to succumb to our revolution. We shall make sure he doesn't come into power and while we're at it implement 'Boris Bikes' in American Society!

handsome chap, i love it
Original post by Edminzodo
History A-Level will be the death of me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You currently doing it?
Original post by nj1234
handsome chap, i love it

He's also a professional rugby player, honest! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuIfwY_jzz8
Original post by nj1234
i love it all the best bro, the force is with you!

Thanks!
I just read my folders in the evenings, make revision notes online and on paper in form of tables, posters all consise (if you start early enough do a topic a day)
Then past papers with them and without them
I just read and write down everything i remember
Also speaking it out loud and getting parents to test you with flashcards and stuff really helps
Reply 65
He's also a professional rugby player, honest! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuIfwY_jzz8

lol
Reply 66
Original post by Platopus
Good luck! I have philosophy on Thursday and history on Friday

Thank you! I need it, haha. Good luck to you as well, although I'm sure you're more prepared than I am. I have a philosophy paper next week too- not dreading that one as much as history but we shall see.
Original post by nj1234
lol

He also happens to be a pro football player too, honest! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO9F6BDffx4
Reply 68
He also happens to be a pro football player too, honest! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO9F6BDffx4

wow, better than me... his hair though
Reply 69
There is no time to learn all of the topics (especially for science) so I just go through a pastpaper I did badly on and try to learn the topics I did badly on in 45 minutes firstly, I read the cgp textbook and then write down the keynotes and then write them down again from memory and try to summarize the topic and then make a flashcard on it if i'm likely to forget it.

After that I do every single past paper question that has come up for it and mark it and green pen the answer for it and if i'm still struggling then I make a flashcard on it or re-read my notes. After all of that I take a 15 minute break to refresh my mind and then do a full timed pastpaper mark it and re-do the whole process.

This method has worked for me 65% of the time for the sciences apart from that disgusting biology paper.
Reply 70
Also, I don't think watching videos is a good resource as sometimes you think about other things while watching the videos and you get easily distracted plus it takes up time.
i jus read out loud to myself, even though i look dumb asf
teaching others actually helps me aswell :smile:

bc i aint got time for making mindmaps n notes lol, i revise, annotate and highlight straight in my revision guide.
mind maps and lots and lots of notes- just keep reading through them and saying them out loud works perfectly for me.
listen to music whilst making flashcards using my rev guide or i watch yt vids:tongue:
I make notes, if I have time they are neat if I don't they are messy and scribbly but when I write things down I find it easier to remember them as I remember my hand writing it. I have friends who neatly type up all their notes after we finish each topic in school but I know that wouldn't help me I make new notes each time I have exams. I have the same things written out at least 5 times.
Bio=notes then past papers
Chem=same as bio
Geo=lots of notes then some past papers
Maths=all past papers

music when doing notes, no music during past papers, little and often revision with no distractions

...at least thats my aim :lol:
Original post by etata
Thank you! I need it, haha. Good luck to you as well, although I'm sure you're more prepared than I am. I have a philosophy paper next week too- not dreading that one as much as history but we shall see.

I'm sure you will be fine :smile: I didn't know philosophy was a GCSE now!
Reply 77
I'm sure you will be fine :smile: I didn't know philosophy was a GCSE now!

I hope so :smile: It's part of RS, but our school regards them distinctly, since we have to do 2 philo papers and 2 ethics. I have the most bizarre teacher, but she's brilliant, going to miss her next year.
Original post by etata
I hope so :smile: It's part of RS, but our school regards them distinctly, since we have to do 2 philo papers and 2 ethics. I have the most bizarre teacher, but she's brilliant, going to miss her next year.

Aww my philosophy teachers were great last year but I have 2 **** ones this year. Had to teach myself the whole syllabus :/
Reply 79
Aww my philosophy teachers were great last year but I have 2 **** ones this year. Had to teach myself the whole syllabus :/

Ouch, that doesn't sound good, I mean at gcse self teaching isn't too bad but a-levels sound like a literal inferno. I wasn't really feeling the teaching this year, but that's always the case I guess.

Quick Reply

Latest