The Student Room Group

Ocr history!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by JamesHare
Any tips you guys can give me for achieving A*s in the exams? My historical knowledge is good but it may be the way I'm answering questions which cause me to get As and Bs. Any useful sites etc?

I found this to be a good website: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5bkjpbj1xj7exk/AAC39QL6K4PQAT0AXsCo2vwQa/GCSE%20Revision%20Notes?dl=0
Reply 21
Original post by JamesHare
Does anyone have a brief list of the things we need to know about for the OCR History Germany paper?

Maybe a list of acts or events? The specification is always so clustered so even a brief list that someone may compile themselves would be a big help, cheers.

Apologies, I study OCR but I do the Public Health paper :/ I wish you luck though! Perhaps somebody else could help you out?
Reply 22
Original post by student.life
Maybe just but you never know, boundaries could change! I agree, I wouldn't say 40/50 is a B, it's probably an A. The coursework is always challenging though but if you're confident with your subject knowledge, I'm sure you'll ace the paper on Monday and that could add to your ums massively. Wish you the best of luck :smile:

Original post by blueribbons99
That's what I thought tbh, my teacher thinks mine should be 50/50 but he gave me 49/50 to try and prevent it, personally I thought it was a bit odd but up to them isn't it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by homeland.lsw
In a similar position OP, my history teacher did say that you can comfortably get an A* as long as you get approx 80% in exams...I might be wrong though

Original post by Anmol_.
hopefully it will be then because coursework is definitely the worst part in history so next year they will be in a safer position to not have a coursework at all. Very average. So far the top grade in coursework is only a B and only 4 student out of 90 who do history got that. Majority of the people are below a C at the moment although we have had an opportunity to improve our grade but we haven't been given our modified grade yet s

I was just wondering which questions do you give two points of view to?? I know for example you give two points of view to the 'is it reliable' question but do the marks indicate whether you give one or two points of view to the case? I normally just do two points of view for everything to be safe, but I realise that this is not a good method as I lose time in my exam!
Original post by TheNerdxP
I was just wondering which questions do you give two points of view to?? I know for example you give two points of view to the 'is it reliable' question but do the marks indicate whether you give one or two points of view to the case? I normally just do two points of view for everything to be safe, but I realise that this is not a good method as I lose time in my exam!

Hmm Best advice I can offer is check the mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile
can someone doing the cold war tell me if they can ask about the arms race as part of the cuban missile crisis??
Original post by mathphysics123
can someone doing the cold war tell me if they can ask about the arms race as part of the cuban missile crisis??

pretty sure they ask about the arms/space race separately to cuban missile crisis
Original post by TheNerdxP
What if I just got 40? Have I just missed the mark? xD I still think 40/50 is a bit harsh to be a B.

I think 40/50 probably would be an A because that's 80% which is normally an A. We were told that 30 is a C 35 a B 40 and A and 45 an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many marks roughly do you need to get on each paper to get an A* overall?
Original post by blueribbons99
Hmm Best advice I can offer is check the mark schemes

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the 8 mark questions (not source question) you usually have to give an agree paragraph and a disagree paragraph.

Usually when it is a statement you have to do two sides. If you are unsure just add in another point of view where you can.
Reply 29
Right ok this has had me worried, I didn't read the instructions in the exam today and at the end I realised it says leave 2 lines after every question. I only left one but will this matter or will it mean it cannot be marked or something like that
Original post by Big sam
Right ok this has had me worried, I didn't read the instructions in the exam today and at the end I realised it says leave 2 lines after every question. I only left one but will this matter or will it mean it cannot be marked or something like that

I think as long as you made it clear that you've started a new question then the examiner should be able to mark it, if it was a huge problem I think teachers would make a big deal out of it but they don't so you should be okay :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by katierthompson
I think as long as you made it clear that you've started a new question then the examiner should be able to mark it, if it was a huge problem I think teachers would make a big deal out of it but they don't so you should be okay :smile:

ah right cheers I left at least a full blank line after very question and on a couple 2 blank lines so they should be able to tell ive started a new question

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending