The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds age 16 pay rate

Hello, i have received an interview at Maccy D.
How much is the pay for a 16 year old with a first job. I live in Reading which is a big town close to London with a lot of businesses and people. It is basically like a version of London, but smaller. How much do you guys predict it'd be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by afghan-superman
How much is the pay for a 16 year old with a first job. I live in Reading which is a big town close to London with a lot of businesses and people. It is basically like a version of London, but smaller. How much do you guys predict it'd be?

The least you'd be on is £3.87 an hour as that's the current minimum wage for under 18's :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
The least you'd be on is £3.87 an hour as that's the current minimum wage for under 18's :smile:

Oh okay, thankyou
Reply 3
Oh okay, thankyou

I'll also move this to our part-time and temporary employment forum in the hope someone who actually works for MacDonalds is able to give you a more specific answer ^^
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
I'll also move this to our part-time and temporary employment forum in the hope someone who actually works for MacDonalds is able to give you a more specific answer ^^

Oh okay i never knew about the forum sorry :smile:
Reply 5
Oh okay i never knew about the forum sorry :smile:

It's very hidden :tongue: You were asking for advice in an advice part of TSR so it's honestly okay ^_^
Original post by Deyesy

So what if u r paid less than that
Reply 7
Original post by ARK_REVISES
So what if u r paid less than that

I don't get what you mean sorry?
Original post by Deyesy
I don't get what you mean sorry?

I mean what if u get lower than the current minimum wage- £3.87
Reply 9
I mean what if u get lower than the current minimum wage- £3.87

I'm no legal expert but I'm sure they'd be breaking the law? It's slightly lower (£3.30 an hour) for those doing an apprenticeship though :smile:
Hello, I have recently got a job with them and I believe I will be on £4.75 an hour, I will confirm this at my welcome meeting on Thursday and let you know if you'd like? im 16 and from the east midlands

If you're a crew member it will be the minimum wage rate for under 18's which is currently £3.87 an hour. Ask to switch to Customer Care, it's likely they will pay you the adult rate or just under provided you do all the training
Original post by Future_vet99
Hello, I have recently got a job with them and I believe I will be on £4.75 an hour, I will confirm this at my welcome meeting on Thursday and let you know if you'd like? im 16 and from the east midlands

What job is it?
What job is it?

Crew member
What's the name of the company/business.
When I was under 18 they were paying me £4.25. Went up to over £5.30 after my 18th.

How did you apply for jobs..... By online, handing cvs in store or jobcentre

It pays £4.75

Look on mcdonalds site it tells you 😊😊
Reply 19
Just some information for anyone interested in this now, almost every McDs besides a select few now pays £5.00/hr (95p above minimum for under 18s) to part time workers, and once you turn 18'its about £7.50.'

There's several in Aberdeen which pay £6.00/hr to under 18s actually.

I love necros <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending