The Student Room Group

HEO Graduate Interns

Scroll to see replies

I am glad to have found this group, knowing that I'm not the only one waiting for a response.
I had my interview 4 weeks ago. I spoke to someone from HR on the phone yesterday, we may be looking at a July response sadly *sigh*
Reply 61
Original post by candyfloss2016
I am glad to have found this group, knowing that I'm not the only one waiting for a response.
I had my interview 4 weeks ago. I spoke to someone from HR on the phone yesterday, we may be looking at a July response sadly *sigh*

JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited to add: just spoke to Capita - they said it is HOPEFUL and LIKELY that we will hear today, but not definite. Argh! I just want to know!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
I know right.....after my interview I was told a 2 weeks. Its now four, reading this thread I didn't realize they were interviewing more people. Perhaps decisions are taking longer as they have to assign where people will go and what they will be doing on the 12-month fix contract. I remember my interviewer saying that they hope the HEO interns will stay on after the contract as they do not want to be recruiting again, well at least not the next year. So they are probably digging deep. Also they have to consider really what interview feedback responses will be for those who have not been accepted, as this is one of their policies for getting to the final stage. If you read the job description they didn't actually confirm start dates of when you hear back from them. Also am sure a lot of people put down London as first choice. (This is all assumptions though!)
Reply 63
When you say:
Original post by candyfloss2016
Also they have to consider really what interview feedback responses will be for those who have not been accepted, as this is one of their policies for getting to the final stage
what do you mean?

My interview was on Friday 27th May, and I had my application with them by 19/04 so this has been a bloody long process.
Reply 64
I really, really hope it isn't July we hear back. Like that is a pretty large delay!

I'd rather find out now, and then receive feedback in the next couple of weeks.

It's terrible that they haven't sent an email out apologising for the delays too. People who aren't looking at this forum must feel so disheartened!

Edit: in a moment of defeat, I have realised there is no way we are hearing back today.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've been lurking over this forum too. Quietly observing but now cant hold back.
I wont be surprise for a July response. Having a history in HR, if applicants have been waiting for a while they tend to send out responses on a Friday. So that they wont have to deal with hefty phone calls till the next week. Allowing people to left off steam on a weekend. I put a bet on July 1st.
Reply 66
JULY?!! That's ridiculous

I've accepted a HO job that I'm supposed to be starting mid July so I really need to know now!
Reply 67
Original post by S.K100
JULY?!! That's ridiculous

I've accepted a HO job that I'm supposed to be starting mid July so I really need to know now!

I hear you, I have a start date at HMRC on the 11th! Which HO have you been accepted at? I'm working in the one in Cardiff at the moment!
Reply 68
Original post by DT92
I hear you, I have a start date at HMRC on the 11th! Which HO have you been accepted at? I'm working in the one in Cardiff at the moment!

I have a start date of 11th too! It's a work coach job in london
Reply 69
Time for another week of refreshing civil service jobs! :frown:
Reply 70
Original post by DT92
Time for another week of refreshing civil service jobs! :frown:

I hear you!
Reply 71
Has anyone called them yet?...I'm tempted to but may be early in the week
Reply 72
I've sent another email.. They didn't respond to my last one ha
Reply 73
Original post by noor94
Has anyone called them yet?...I'm tempted to but may be early in the week

Please ring them and tell us what they said! I spoke to them on Friday and every other day that week - I fear that I may be ringing myself out of a job if I call again (ha).
Reply 74
What's the number you used to call them?
Reply 75
Original post by DT92
What's the number you used to call them?

01256 383669
Reply 76
Yeah that's the thing I'm pretty sure they know my name pretty well by now 😁 And I used that same number
Everyone had that apology/update email now? Nearly choked on my lunch when I saw it - thought it was the verdict on my interview. Still, better late than never. Confirmed for Wednesday now then?
Reply 78
Yep, got same email. My heart was racing too!
Reply 79
Original post by Sremmus
Yep, got same email. My heart was racing too!

I was shaking! Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I thought it was all over then, I saw 'Outcome' and then 'apologies' in the line underneath and my heart was in my throat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending