The Student Room Group

Going on holiday- can I change the time I take my pill?

Im going on holiday with my bf on Tuesday which is 5 hours behind. I usually take my pill at 9.30 pm because its convenient. Id have to take it at 4.30 pm whilst on holiday which is quite inconvenient as I might be in the middle of an activity etc.

Im very religious with the time I take my pill so I can probably make it work, however would I be putting at risk of falling preg if I moved my pill taking time to the evening whilst on holiday (5 hours late)? I don't want to increase the risk of pregnancy at all, so even if there was a slight risk Id probably just leave it. Im on Cerazette (pop pill) it has a 12 hour window, some say 3 but I'm pretty sure thats wrong.

Thanks !
Original post by Natashadesigner
Im going on holiday with my bf on Tuesday which is 5 hours behind. I usually take my pill at 9.30 pm because its convenient. Id have to take it at 4.30 pm whilst on holiday which is quite inconvenient as I might be in the middle of an activity etc.

Im very religious with the time I take my pill so I can probably make it work, however would I be putting at risk of falling preg if I moved my pill taking time to the evening whilst on holiday (5 hours late)? I don't want to increase the risk of pregnancy at all, so even if there was a slight risk Id probably just leave it. Im on Cerazette (pop pill) it has a 12 hour window, some say 3 but I'm pretty sure thats wrong.

Thanks !

Cerazette does have a 12 hour window so you should be fine. Since Cerazette contains desogestrel it is definitely 12 hours rather than 3. There are other progesterone-only pills which have a 3 hour window which is probably where the confusion has come from.

Quick Reply

Latest