The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

2:1 for MPhil in Advanced Computer Science at the University of Cambridge?

I got a conditional offer from the University of Cambridge for studying MPhil in Advanced Computer Science but failed to get a 1st (final average: 68).

Is it still possible to be accepted with a 2:1?

Thank you and any advice is appreciated!
Original post by Shirley_Burke
I got a conditional offer from the University of Cambridge for studying MPhil in Advanced Computer Science but failed to get a 1st (final average: 68).

!

Yes, it's possible, but it will depend on the final performance of the rest of the offer holding cohort and the judgement of the admissions team if it will happen.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by threeportdrift
Yes, it's possible, but it will depend on the final performance of the rest of the offer holding cohort and the judgement of the admissions team if it will happen.

Is there anything I can do at this stage to help with the situation? Shall I contact the admissions team or student admin.?

Thanks!
Original post by Shirley_Burke
Is there anything I can do at this stage to help with the situation? Shall I contact the admissions team or student admin.?

Thanks!

There's nothing you can do, unless you have additional, positive information to add, ie another qualification. The admissions team will make their decisions when they have everyone's results in and can see if there are any spaces for 'near misses' and who the nearest near misses are.
Reply 4
Hi Shirley, I know this is a long time ago but did you end up getting in in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending