The Student Room Group

England vs Iceland - 27/6

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Lacesso
Completely unsurprising defeat. What was surprising was just how bad they were. They turned into amateurs in the second half - couldn't even pass or receive balls.

**** knows what happened in the second half, it was pathetic and just bizarre at the same time, like any kind of preparation or organisation or plan (if we even had a plan to start with) just went out the window and we turned into a group of bumbling buffoons who seemed to freeze and collapse under the pressure. All while Hodgson stood on the sidelines scratching his chin and doing **** all to change things, laughably bad, like an overpaid Premier League team losing to a lower league, or even non-league team.

Hodgson's body language during it all and after the game said it all, just sits on the sidelines with no plan, he goes straight down the tunnel while his players are lying on the pitch distraught and resigns without answering questions in the post-match press conference, all while being paid millions of £, absolute shambles.
(edited 7 years ago)
The daily Telegraph puts the defeat against Iceland in a nutshell: "England's greatest humiliation".

Reading the comments, no one seems to feel pitty with this team.
Original post by Kallisto
The daily Telegraph puts the defeat against Iceland in a nutshell: "England's greatest humiliation".

Reading the comments, no one seems to feel pitty with this team.

And why should they?

It's hard to pity someone who earns more in a week than any of us do in a year for being **** at their job and showing complete disregard for the fans who've spent thousands to see it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I predicted that we'd go out to Iceland. I wish I'd put a bet on! I could have won £120 . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by Edminzodo
I predicted that we'd go out to Iceland. I wish I'd put a bet on! I could have won £120 . . .

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were the odds?
Original post by drogon
What were the odds?

12/1 (for Ladbrokes, I think).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Edminzodo
12/1 (for Ladbrokes, I think).

Posted from TSR Mobile

No way! i shoulda got my dad to place a bet because i legit thought iceland would win
Original post by drogon
No way! i shoulda got my dad to place a bet because i legit thought iceland would win

Same. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
And why should they?

It's hard to pity someone who earns more in a week than any of us do in a year for being **** at their job and showing complete disregard for the fans who've spent thousands to see it

From this point of view, you are right. I can't understand that England was not able to create a lot goalscoring chances to turn the table in this match. Is the English team weaker than expected? although it has great players with a lot international experience in it? does they don't match to each other? maybe they have underrestimated the opponent completely? I can't understand it.

Quick Reply

Latest