The Student Room Group

Welcome To Gainezville! Population: Me.

Here I shall document my 2-month summer journey into strength and aesthetic gains. I've been lifting for almost 2 years but was not all that consistent with it. So, I am still not satisfied with my strength and aesthetic considering how far along I am into my training.

As a result. I've decided to begin a more focused training regiment with a two month linear strength program while on a mini cut. Although cutting while on a strength program may seem a little counter-intuitive, I thought this would be the best compromise for my goals. I've never been properly lean before, and it seems to be a major sticking point in my physique.

I've also recently starting to get into powerlifting. I'm considering competing, but I think the usual age-range I'd be going into is the <23's. I'm not sure whether that includes being 23 or not; if it doesn't then I suppose I'm too late, because I'd need at least a year to prepare and by then I'd have turned 23 :frown: .

I'll be running 2 cycles of Jonnie Candito's 4-week linear program over this process.

CURRENT STATE:

Weighing 161 lbs (73 kg) (at 5'7):

SQ: 225 lbs x 6 (just over 100kg) (absolutely dreadful considering my other two lifts, really have to figure out why I'm lagging.

B: 198 lbs x 6 (90 kg)

DL: 315 lbs x 6 (just over 140 kg)

GOAL:

Cutting down to 150 lbs (68 kg). However, if it really gets in the way of my program, I'll reconsider the cut.

SQ: 275 lbs x 6 (~125 kg) (maybe even up to 315 lbs/140kg if my lagging is fixed. But in 2 months that's ambitious to say the least.)

B: 225 lbs x 6 (just over 100 kg)

DL: 365 lbs x 6 (165.5 kg)

Day 1 will be Monday July 4th, 2016. The countdown begins...
(edited 7 years ago)
73 KG AT 23 YEARS OLD IS NOT BAD AT ALL! Keep it up, I root for you! *pulls out pack of donuts* let the games begin...
Reply 2
Height?
Original post by eden3
Height?

5'7 (more precisely 169 cm) . Realized I missed that and added it in :smile:
When it comes to squats frequency is your friend. Check out Texas Method. Or a Lower Body Starting Strength/ Upper Body Texas hybrid since your squats are pretty weak right now and you could definitely make good progress on them squatting heavy 3x a week.*

I'd just eat at maintenance, you're not fat. Cutting is gonna hammer your progression at your strength level as you're not fat.

Abs can come later

Quick Reply

Latest