The Student Room Group

IB Results 2016

Hi guys,
I've tried looking for a thread with a discussion about how everyone feels about their results today but i can't seem to find one, there's a few comments here and there but I thought I could make a specific thread so here it is!
What did you guys get?
Are you happy? Did you meet your offers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marniandrews
Hi guys,
I've tried looking for a thread with a discussion about how everyone feels about their results today but i can't seem to find one, there's a few comments here and there but I thought I could make a specific thread so here it is!
What did you guys get?
Are you happy? Did you meet your offers?

I'm doing ib soonI'm taking
English lit-SL
Arabic ab inito
Geography HL
BiologY HL
Chemistry HL
Maths SL
R these good options for medicine or Biomedicine?What result did you get?What tips do you have for me? thnxs:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I'm doing ib soonI'm taking
English lit-SL
Arabic ab inito
Geography HL
BiologY HL
Chemistry HL
Maths SL
R these good options for medicine or Biomedicine?What result did you get?What tips do you have for me? thnxs:smile:

Yeah i definitely think that's fine for medicine! All they look for is Higher level bio and chem really so you should be fine. The maths is always good and standard level is absolutely fine. You could look at a few uni prospectus' and see what their requirements are?
My tip would be to keep up on all of your work, dont let yourself get behind because it's such an intense workload and it can be overwhelming. Make sure to relax at some points so you dont go too crazy haha.
I got 39 points.
Yeah i definitely think that's fine for medicine! All they look for is Higher level bio and chem really so you should be fine. The maths is always good and standard level is absolutely fine. You could look at a few uni prospectus' and see what their requirements are?
My tip would be to keep up on all of your work, dont let yourself get behind because it's such an intense workload and it can be overwhelming. Make sure to relax at some points so you dont go too crazy haha.
I got 39 points.

wow :eek::adore:
whats subjects did you take?
what topic did u choose for EE
Reply 4
Original post by PrincessBO$$
wow :eek::adore:
whats subjects did you take?
what topic did u choose for EE

Haha thank you, im really thrilled. Hard work pays off!
I did:
English Lit HL
Chemistry HL
History HL
Biology SL
Spanish ab initio
Maths SL

And my EE was in English because i didn't know what I wanted to do at uni and EE in English gives you flexibility.
I was not a diploma candidate, I only took individual subjects :tongue: diploma doesn't really matter in the US
CHEM HL: 6 ( I was 4 marks from a 7 gaaahh!! Doesn't matter though)
BIO HL: 6 (surpsied by this because I expected a 5. I literally JUST barely got a 6. Right on the mark boundary lmao)
Spanish HL: 6
Computer science SL: 3
Geography SL: 5 (might be good enough for university credit yassss)
Math HL: 2 (lol.. I literally was sleeping during the exam :tongue: cus AP calc BC already gave me college credit. 1 mark from a 3 though)
Quite dissapointed with mine and did not make any of my offers

Spanish ab SL - 6
English Lit SL - 5
Chemistry SL - 5
Physics HL - 5 (3 points from a 6!)
Math HL - 4 (4 points from 5)
Economics HL - 6

Overall 32
I made my offer from Oxford!!

English Lang/Lit SL - 6 (2 Marks off a 7)
Spanish B SL - 7
Economics HL - 7
Computer Sci. SL - 7
Physics HL - 7
Maths HL - 7
Maths EE - B (1 Mark off an A!!)
TOK - B (2 Marks of an A!)

Total - 43

While I am thrilled with my results, I think I'm going to send English and my EE back from remarks, it's worth it right?
Original post by Msachdeva789

Spanish B SL - 7
Economics HL - 7
Computer Sci. SL - 7
Physics HL - 7
Maths HL - 7

Total - 43

While I am thrilled with my results, I think I'm going to send English and my EE back from remarks, it's worth it right?

Congratulations! Definitely worth a remark request!!
Reply 9
Original post by Msachdeva789

Spanish B SL - 7
Economics HL - 7
Computer Sci. SL - 7
Physics HL - 7
Maths HL - 7

Total - 43

That's amazing, congratulations!!
It's completely your decision but if you've made your offer it could be a waste of money...
Just remember, if the grades go down instead of up (which they have in the past), it's the final grade that you have to keep.
But congrats again! Out of interest, what was your offer for Oxford?
Yeah I was a little worried about that. But I'm way above my offer right now.
It was 39 points with 766 at HLs with a 7 in maths
Reply 11
Original post by youngsandwhich
Quite dissapointed with mine and did not make any of my offers

Spanish ab SL - 6
English Lit SL - 5
Chemistry SL - 5
Physics HL - 5 (3 points from a 6!)
Math HL - 4 (4 points from 5)
Economics HL - 6

Overall 32

That's still a good score bearing in mind the international average is 29! Where did you apply and what for? Have you contacted them? Clearing has some really good places too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
did anyone do worse than they thought they would've done in English A?
Why did you guys pick IB instead of A-levels ? It seems so much harder and more time consuming but then it's good how you can pick more subjects but personally I feel I would struggle ... you guys must be very clever hehe :biggrin:
so happy with mine!! i was predicted 30 at the beginning of year 12, upped that to 34 to be able to apply for Surrey uni and got 36 points!!!
Psychology HL - 7
Theatre Studies HL - 6
English HL - 5
Maths Studies - 5
Environmental Systems and Societies - 5
German Ab Ibinitio - 6
Overall 38, predicted 39!

I would've liked to do a bit better but I'm happu I got 7 from English B SL and A from my EE (also English B)
Reply 16
Congrats! Are you off to uni?
Reply 17
That's so so brilliant! Well done!! Are you still off to Surrey?
I got 39 points.

39 points .... bloody heck hahaha . You must be VERY smart like seriously !! what uni are you going to ?
Reply 19
Original post by fefssdf
39 points .... bloody heck hahaha . You must be VERY smart like seriously !! what uni are you going to ?

Haha thank you, I tried really hard and I'm really pleased with my results! I'm off to St.Andrews. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending