The Student Room Group

Bf said he wants a good wife that doesn't question his decision

Me and bf have been daying for 3 and 1/2years now.
We recently have an argument and he said to me that he 'sometimes' would like a ofe who doesnt question his decisions. And that he is allowed to question all the wife's decisions and expect the wife to follow his decisions
I feel that is not right. I said to him what if youre doing something that can harm you. He said then i do it so that you can watch me and not do the same thing.
What kind of gf would sit and watch her bf making a wrong decision.

Sorry for the long post but any comments on this. This argument really upsets me.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
We recently have an argument and he said to me that he 'sometimes' would like a ofe who doesnt question his decisions. And that he is allowed to question all the wife's decisions and expect the wife to follow his decisions
I feel that is not right. I said to him what if youre doing something that can harm you. He said then i do it so that you can watch me and not do the same thing.

Sorry for the long post but any comments on this. This argument really upsets me.

Is he controlling in other ways?

Has this never come up in arguments/conversation before? 3.5 years is quite a long time to go without realising that this is his mindset. You are right to feel the way you do about this, as a relationship is give and take. You're his girlfriend, and your right to question his decisions shouldn't be forfeited if he gets to question your decisions. I think you need to sit down with him properly and address your concerns to get some solid answers, and to think about to what extent you'd be happy to compromise (if any).*
Sounds like a controlling prick tbh
This should be ringing alarm bells, get away from there fast.
Reply 5
Original post by Hamo2509
Is he controlling in other ways?

He likes to control or "in charge" of everything pretty much, have said to him many times that he is controlling, he sees it as "being stubborn"

Get out of there before you're actualy married. That's disturbing.
Reply 7
Original post by Med_Geek
Has this never come up in arguments/conversation before? 3.5 years is quite a long time to go without realising that this is his mindset. You are right to feel the way you do about this, as a relationship is give and take. You're his girlfriend, and your right to question his decisions shouldn't be forfeited if he gets to question your decisions. I think you need to sit down with him properly and address your concerns to get some solid answers, and to think about to what extent you'd be happy to compromise (if any).*

it never came up, He says relationship are about working in a team, its give and take, then he said this.
. And that he is allowed to question all the wife's decisions and expect the wife to follow his decisions

You're either dating a closet Muslim, an undercover Nigerian or a Russian.

I'm going with closet muslim tbh.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by lucabrasi98
You're either dating a closet Muslim, an undercover Nigerian or a Russian.

I'm going with closet muslim tbh.

Nope british white man, does not believe in God
I really don't see what the drama or problem is.

If you'd be happy with that arrangement; it's all good. If you're not, then you've found out before you got any further into things and you can make your choices.

Some people are like this. It doesn't make them evil or abusive, they're just control freaks. You kind of have to accept it and do your own thing because they're not going to change.
Depends what sort of relationship you wnat. If you wnat to be controlled and accpet you are second class, then go for it.

If you wnat one of equals, where your opinion can be respected and valued, then it owuld be syupid to continue. Only arrogant, insecure dim men would wnat never to be questioned and prefer not to have a partnership of equals.

As said in post#3 theres no way after 3.5 years this will not have come up or you cant have seen these traits. Send him to dumpsville of he was being serious. he wont change.
Original post by TaintedSoul
You're a stupid b*tch! No sympathy from me, he deserves better! Gotta put these b*tches in their place!!

That is directed at me?
Maybe he just didnt like the argument and probably mea t it as though you two should stop arguing as much or something...sometimes people find it hard to say what they actually mean and say something crazy
Original post by 999tigger
That is directed at me?

That post was meant to be directed to the OP. Sorry about that.
Opinion/interpretation: Controlling guys are a REAL turn off *rolls eyes*

P.s I don't think you should be asking strangers for relationship advice every relationship is different and there may be issues on both sides.
(edited 7 years ago)

stop
drop
gtf out of that relationship gurl
You deserve someone which will listen to your argument and take you seriously/want your opinion and helps decide things equally together
:yep:
All the best.
Reply 17
Never ever questions his decisions:angry:
Your will make the finial decision on what to do. However, remember. You are an amazing human being and to me it sounds like deserve MUCH better. If he wants to stay in the old days then let him however you need to keep being who you are. Smile and look forward. To be a marriage is not about one person being in control. Argument a will happen. It's a normal thing. People show their true side when they are in an argument or under stress.

I wish you all the best and I hope you are able to resolve this.
how old are you both?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending