Id
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
They may still give you a place, otherwise, clearing is your friend
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Have you contacted them and asked?
If they wont accpet, then have you considered going elsewhere or resitting?
Reply 3
Call them up and tell them you didn't meet the grade requirement If they decline you, well gg
Original post by Devify
They may still give you a place, otherwise, clearing is your friend

Yep.
If you're one grade off I think universities still tend to take people. What they usually do is put their entry requirements up high to make themselves look better so they get more points and end up higher on the league tables. It also means that people end up firming the ones with higher entry requirements, a professor from Nottingham talks a little about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8

It'll probably work out but if it doesnt you don't need to worry if you don't get a place there because lots of other good universities would be willing to take you - you just need to contact them quickly and get in :smile:
Retake your exams and apply again in 2017?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by TheUnknownDude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Or should I do advanced higher in computing
Reply 7
Original post by TheUnknownDude

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look at the pic I uploaded
Original post by AHMAD99
Im wanting to apply for 2017 but I'm not sure nw

It's worth applying still, you get up to 5 choices for your UCAS anyway so go for it :smile:
Universities will drop their grade requirements during clearing too, so next year you could have a place there.

Like I said though, there's plenty of other good universities out there though so don't have your heart set on just one :smile:
Just because it says so on the website doesnt mean it's set in stone, CALL THEM! you have nothing to lose and if they say no, resit, there is more than one way to get somewhere as my mum says.there is no harm in calling them, so listen to the ppl above and TRY IT!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AHMAD99
Or should I do advanced higher in computing

Is that like a higher Btec national or something?
Sorry I know very little about Scottish qualifications :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AHMAD99
I don't think they will because I dint get 2A3Bs

Why havent you contacted them?
If you wont consider elsewhere and they wont accpet you on those grades, then check whether they do a course with a foundation year or you will have to rethink.
That means retaking or choosing somewhere else.

Until you ask, then you wont know for sure.

I see you posted new info. You fall below the min- so just ring them up and see what they have to say. You seem reluctant to do so. They cna give you the guidance on what they expect and if your grades are insufficient, plus there is no leeway, then you will have to resit or do something else. Bothing is going to change that. They have the power to make the decision, so its they who you need to speak to.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AHMAD99
I'm applying for 2017 that's why I haven't called

They are your S6 results?
Based on the info you posted they are insufficient. You should still ring and check. If you dont ask you wont get.

The same advice again. If they say no= resit or find somewhere else.
Original post by catinsomehat
Yep.
If you're one grade off I think universities still tend to take people. What they usually do is put their entry requirements up high to make themselves look better so they get more points and end up higher on the league tables. It also means that people end up firming the ones with higher entry requirements, a professor from Nottingham talks a little about it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvvF7-5SIJ8

It'll probably work out but if it doesnt you don't need to worry if you don't get a place there because lots of other good universities would be willing to take you - you just need to contact them quickly and get in :smile:

Oh yeah, I watched it too. It's the physics admissions tutor from Nottingham.
Original post by AHMAD99
No my s5

Nothings changed. Read what you posted about the min offer, then go to what I posted each time ive replied about what your options are.
What is it you are looking for that hasnt already been said?
Original post by AHMAD99
Sorry , I'm just really bugged out since I can't go Glasgow

Talk to them to understand what your options are. You seem really reluctatnt o do this, but its in your interests to do so.

If you are that annoyed, then resit your exams, get the grades, take a gap year, earn money and go the following year. Simple as that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending