The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

What a shite result yesterday was typical villa. I thought we were gonna dominate as the first 20 mins was all good. I just can't forgive how amavi let his man run free to receive the ball for their first and don't even get me started on their other goall were the lad was free to make a diagonal run and simply tap it in unchallenged. Xia blocked the Bennett move at the death as I think he saw how shite everyone was yesterday. Would have been stupid to sell him to Wednesday when they clearly have a better team and more unity than us. Give the lad a chance
"Even we agreed to take the LC match as checking game, some players are not worth being given chance" Tony on twitter. Ouchhh.

Bid accepted for James Chester. Happy with that.
Original post by Cll_ws
"Even we agreed to take the LC match as checking game, some players are not worth being given chance" Tony on twitter. Ouchhh.

Bid accepted for James Chester. Happy with that.

I love your owner on Twitter. We need more club owners doing that.

It's obvious who he's referring to as well :colondollar:
Original post by sr90
I love your owner on Twitter. We need more club owners doing that.

It's obvious who he's referring to as well :colondollar:

It is heartwarming to see him going to our games and meeting the fans. I am a fan of Big Tone.
Surely changes in sight after that, it was an absolute disgrace what happened last night. We need a whole new backline apart from Elphick.
Still willing to give Amavi a chance, despite the awful error that led to their first goal. First game back after a long lay off and all. Looked good last season before his injury. New CB and RB needed desperately.
Original post by Cll_ws
Still willing to give Amavi a chance, despite the awful error that led to their first goal. First game back after a long lay off and all. Looked good last season before his injury. New CB and RB needed desperately.

Amavi is a class player he's going to need games to get going and it's never good coming into what is obviously a disjointed team

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh god yeah don't get me wrong amavi will obviously have miles better suitors than us and fwiw I don't think he will stick around with us for a long time. I would still play Bennett regularly though, maybe ahead of amavi as a left winger Not to sold on cissokho personally, he's alright but I think it's harsh him playing over bennet
Original post by neal95
Oh god yeah don't get me wrong amavi will obviously have miles better suitors than us and fwiw I don't think he will stick around with us for a long time. I would still play Bennett regularly though, maybe ahead of amavi as a left winger Not to sold on cissokho personally, he's alright but I think it's harsh him playing over bennet

I think amavi staying depends on up being promoted or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Talk of Westwood leaving for burnley now

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah jedinak in westwood out is what ive heard. we should keep westwood as a squad player at least or as one of the midfielders, he dosent neccesarily have to start every game. I reckon burnley will either rotate Flanagan with lowton or make him into a CM this year. when he was here he showed good technical ability, range of passing and was capable of scoring
Westwood's never really been good enough. He tries hard tbf, which is more than can be said for a lot of our players, but our midfield has been non-existent for years now and he's always been a part of that. Veretout I wouldn't mind giving a shot, if he decides to stay. If he wants to go, i'd rather he did though.
Welcome to villa James Chester
Loan deal for Bamford apparently close as well.
Original post by Cll_ws
Loan deal for Bamford apparently close as well.

Good, still need more players

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Good, still need more players

If the Bamford and Jedinak deals come off, and we sign a RB (De Laet is being mentioned) and another midfielder (Ravel Morrison?), we could almost field an entirely new starting line-up, plus Ayew and Amavi.

Gollini
De Laet(?) - Elphick - Chester - Amavi
Tshibola - Jedinak
Morrison(?)
Bamford - McCormack - Ayew

Loads of goals in that front three!
Gabby Agbonlahor has allegedly said he is going nowhere.
The doctor is saying that he wants to loan him out for a season where he is playing regularly to see whether he can get fully fit and maybe play for us again
Of course he isn't going anywhere. He is quite happy to sit on his arse collecting his cash while comfort eating balti pies.

Freeloading ****.
Reckon we could have done worse than sign Glenn Murray this season. Would have been cheap and a better bet than gestede. Can see us falling behind if we don't get at least a point tommorow. 2 big games in the next 3 days UTV

Quick Reply

Latest