The Student Room Group

Worth it to resit?

I received an A in AS English Language but dropped down to a B at A Level. My aim is to attend LSE to study Law, so is it worth it to resit both AS and A Level to pull my grade up to an A or A* at A Level?
Reply 1
What exam board are you with? Unless you're with Edexcel you can't resit AS anymore
Original post by Rankar549
I received an A in AS English Language but dropped down to a B at A Level. My aim is to attend LSE to study Law, so is it worth it to resit both AS and A Level to pull my grade up to an A or A* at A Level?

Give lse and ask what their policy is on resits for a level grades.
Original post by Hazard82
What exam board are you with? Unless you're with Edexcel you can't resit AS anymore

Wait really? I got disappointing grades for EDEXCEL physics, chemistry and maths.. What'll happen to my overall A-Level grades then?

Do you have any sources for that, and if it's true, what even was the purpose of AS? To simply get us ready for the real thing?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainJackFail
Wait really? I got disappointing grades for EDEXCEL physics, chemistry and maths.. What'll happen to my overall A-Level grades then?

Do you have any sources for that, and if it's true, what even was the purpose of AS? To simply get us ready for the real thing?

Sorry I meant for the old spec not the new spec
Reply 5

Yes you can. The timetables are already out for next year and there is one last chance to re-sit.
Sorry I meant for the old spec not the new spec

Uhh, okay.. I did EDEXCEL AS chemistry and physics under the new spec [September 2015] so basically the grades I got won't mean jack **** towards my overall A-Level grade.
Which is a good thing LOL.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest