The Student Room Group

Surrey lower clearing grades

Does anyone think there is a possibility of this happening for economics or other economics related courses? Got AAB and they're asking for 3 A's
Economics department at Surrey university is toxic, think Italian Mafia and it's as close as you will get.

Go anywhere else but Surrey!!
Reply 2
Original post by momoneyme89
Economics department at Surrey university is toxic, think Italian Mafia and it's as close as you will get.

Go anywhere else but Surrey!!

That bad?
Original post by choychoy
That bad?

Yes, I'm about to get chucked off a PhD in economics there.

Even though I passed all the exams, the corruption is a joke.
It may be less corrupt at undergrad, obviously since it is less personal, but at PhD level it's like working with Italian Mafia Rats

A lot of Italians teaching in the department and quite a few of them are corrupt, so if they are marking your coursework or whatever, good luck!!
And I am more than capable of passing the PhD, half of the stuff I already studied and passed at another university, just sheer corruption is the problem. Funny how the fail rate for PhDs in the UK is at 2%, where here half the class has either walked out or been forced out!

AVOID SURREY LIKE THE PLAGUE

Lecturers are lazy as well, compared to the other universities I've been at. This may be just the economics department, you can try out the surrey business school if you want.
And this man....

https://twitter.com/c_cantore?lang=en-gb

Is the definition of an Italian Rat, if you ever get the honour to work with a nasty piece of work like him, god help you.

EDIT: He's the ugly son of a ***** in the left of the photo if you do open up his twitter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending