The Student Room Group

AS Maths: Advice

OK, not sure if this is in the wrong place but I need some advice.

I got a B overall in my AS Maths, B's in C1 and C2, and a C in M1. Ideally I want an A overall in Maths, however it is not crucial. I am certain that I could get a better mark in M1 and so will almost definitely resit that, the question is, should I resit either C1 or C2? Or both?

Cheers
Original post by Tommy1boy
OK, not sure if this is in the wrong place but I need some advice.

I got a B overall in my AS Maths, B's in C1 and C2, and a C in M1. Ideally I want an A overall in Maths, however it is not crucial. I am certain that I could get a better mark in M1 and so will almost definitely resit that, the question is, should I resit either C1 or C2? Or both?

Cheers

Is resitting both definitely out of the question?? Otherwise, when you can find out the raw marks, I'd probably suggest resitting whichever you can get the most more marks in I reckon!
Original post by mobbsy91
Is resitting both definitely out of the question?? Otherwise, when you can find out the raw marks, I'd probably suggest resitting whichever you can get the most more marks in I reckon!

I probably could resit all 3 maths exams, but I worry it will be a lot of extra work over the year?
I probably could resit all 3 maths exams, but I worry it will be a lot of extra work over the year?

I ended up resitting loads of maths modules (and did **** anyway), but tbh, was more that I was just grossly incapable rather than too many. I think with C1/C2 they're relatively easy enough that once you do C3/C4 they feel incredibly easy.

If it were me, I'd probably do both, as that'd give me a better chance of getting A overall... I'd say definitely do the one which you got lower in, and seriously consider doing the other as well, unless it's bang on the A/B border and you don't think you'd do that much better in... There's a fair bit of time for you to decide still as well, so if you're not sure about doing one or both, you've got time to see how the workload is for C3/C4 and then decide!
I ended up resitting loads of maths modules (and did **** anyway), but tbh, was more that I was just grossly incapable rather than too many. I think with C1/C2 they're relatively easy enough that once you do C3/C4 they feel incredibly easy.

If it were me, I'd probably do both, as that'd give me a better chance of getting A overall... I'd say definitely do the one which you got lower in, and seriously consider doing the other as well, unless it's bang on the A/B border and you don't think you'd do that much better in... There's a fair bit of time for you to decide still as well, so if you're not sure about doing one or both, you've got time to see how the workload is for C3/C4 and then decide!

Yeah, luckily my maths teacher is my form teacher as well so he knows me well. I am thinking I may resit all three, but as you say I got a while to make a decision yet. Cheers mate.
Yeah, luckily my maths teacher is my form teacher as well so he knows me well. I am thinking I may resit all three, but as you say I got a while to make a decision yet. Cheers mate.

Nice nice! I'm sure you'll do much better with it - nice one with your results anyway mate!
Nice nice! I'm sure you'll do much better with it - nice one with your results anyway mate!

Cheers, I am glad it is just all over now. Pretty stocked with 5 B's considering I was predicted to fail chemistry :P

Quick Reply

Latest