The Student Room Group

Suggestions for life choices..URGENT PLEASE HELP ME!!

So I got my results, and I'm not very happy with them. I got a grade below the requirements for the university. I am only doing Advanced Subsidiary and not planning on doing the second year (A-levels). I have only one choice of university so if I don't get accepted I don't know what I would do and that's why I thought I'd ask you lovely people for help and advice. I want to study dentistry and there are two universities here. One of them is very far away from where I live and my parents are not considering it because it isn't even well recognised around the world. The other one is what I was hoping for but the chance of me getting accepted into it is very low. Here are my choices if I don't get accepted:
1. Repeat year 12 in a different school since edexcel exam board seems to be unfair or perhaps too hard for me.
2. Take on year 13.
3. Consider other majors for the time being and apply to dentistry later.
4. Take a gap year.

Any other solutions or ideas are welcome.
Thank you in advance...
Original post by LaylaM99
So I got my results, and I'm not very happy with them. I got a grade below the requirements for the university. I am only doing Advanced Subsidiary and not planning on doing the second year (A-levels). I have only one choice of university so if I don't get accepted I don't know what I would do and that's why I thought I'd ask you lovely people for help and advice. I want to study dentistry and there are two universities here. One of them is very far away from where I live and my parents are not considering it because it isn't even well recognised around the world. The other one is what I was hoping for but the chance of me getting accepted into it is very low. Here are my choices if I don't get accepted:
1. Repeat year 12 in a different school since edexcel exam board seems to be unfair or perhaps too hard for me.
2. Take on year 13.
3. Consider other majors for the time being and apply to dentistry later.
4. Take a gap year.

Any other solutions or ideas are welcome.
Thank you in advance...

What did you get?
Why cant you apply for 5 unis?
What were your results?
What do the unis need?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending