The Student Room Group

step by step to become a financial manager

what qualifications do u need eg:AAT
Financial Managers/Controllers typically have studied the CIMA (management accounting qualification).

Of course, it's not an absolute necessity, ACA accountants with the relevant experience can slip into the role of a financial manager but since you are looking for something specific, the CIMA would be the way to go. Learn more here: http://www.cimaglobal.com/About-us/CIMA-people/Finance-jobs/Finance-manager/

In regards to the AAT, it is quite preliminary in relation to the CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CIPFA etc. You would be unlikely to become a finance manager with an AAT alone.

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786

hamzaahmad786 luton
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by hamzaahmad786
Financial Managers/Controllers typically have studied the CIMA (management accounting qualification).

Of course, it's not an absolute necessity, ACA accountants with the relevant experience can slip into the role of a financial manager but since you are looking for something specific, the CIMA would be the way to go. Learn more here: http://www.cimaglobal.com/About-us/CIMA-people/Finance-jobs/Finance-manager/

In regards to the AAT, it is quite preliminary in relation to the CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CIPFA etc. You would be unlikely to become a finance manager with an AAT alone.

hamzaahmad786 luton

could i do a level 4 AAT then do either ACCA/CIMA/ACA to become qualified as a n accountant/financial manager, im undecided on which tbh
Original post by TheDreamChaser
could i do a level 4 AAT then do either ACCA/CIMA/ACA to become qualified as a n accountant/financial manager, im undecided on which tbh

Yes of course, are you at college? If you have done an accounting A-Level then you can dive straight into ACCA/CIMA etc.

If you have no prior experience of accounting before, then I recommend the AAT to strengthen your foundations and learn the basic principles of accounting, after which you can start the ACCA/CIMA etc.

Remember, the AAT, A-Level or even a Degree is not necessary to start a CIMA/ACCA but it will help to get you off the ground. For more information, please do consult someone/or an organisation to clarify your doubts.

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending