The Student Room Group

Relationships and Uni?

Ive been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now. We are in a very serious relationship. I know people say things never last at uni and things, but we are quite mature for our age( well hes in his 20's anyway). Anyway, we've practically been living with each other for the past year and all of a sudden i realise that uni is only about 3 weeks away. Im going to miss him so much , and i dont know if i will enjoy uni without him there... I dont know whether to move to a uni closer to home or stay at the one ive got an offer from. I know most of you are going to say "things never last at uni" "meet new people " bla bla....

But i cant explain how close we are. XD pretty much like an old married couple.
What do i do?
Nothing wrong with a long-distance relationship. I wouldn't change your uni choice just to be with him in case you do breakup, and also because you've probably chosen that uni for particular reasons. If you're relationship is as good as you claim it to be, there's no reason why a LDR wouldn't be a viable option for you.
Just visit him every week or holiday?
If it's a strong relationship it will last, I was with my partner for just over a year and a half when I went to uni, am still with him and I finished uni this summer. We now been together for 4 and half years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisyfx
Ive been with my boyfriend for nearly a year now. We are in a very serious relationship. I know people say things never last at uni and things, but we are quite mature for our age( well hes in his 20's anyway). Anyway, we've practically been living with each other for the past year and all of a sudden i realise that uni is only about 3 weeks away. Im going to miss him so much , and i dont know if i will enjoy uni without him there... I dont know whether to move to a uni closer to home or stay at the one ive got an offer from. I know most of you are going to say "things never last at uni" "meet new people " bla bla....

What do i do?

Do LDR, I'm in one for the past 6 months.
Original post by daisyfx

What do i do?

Don't move to a uni closer to home for that reason alone, go to the one you want to go to and if you love each other as much as you think you do, a long distance relationship from where you are will work and you'll be fine.

It's also quite unhealthy if you genuinely can't have a good time at uni without him, so you might be due some time apart anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending