The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Which accommodation would be best to pick at UEA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by knifeprincess
That sucks. Hopefully you get your first choice (I didn't get mine btw xD). You might want to have a look at some private accommodation just in case?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so scared, I have no experience with renting out private accommodation and don't want to pay high prices for homes, no one will support me financially, it's just me alone.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Iamalwayssad
I'm so scared, I have no experience with renting out private accommodation and don't want to pay high prices for homes, no one will support me financially, it's just me alone.

Did you apply before the deadline (31 July) and have UEA as your first choice?? There are loads of rooms available to rent if you need to, which can be found on the FB group, as well as the SU's Homerun if you need to! If you follow the UEA Accom twitter feed, you'll see when they send out a batch of offers, and hopefully yours will come soon!

Actually, it's a lot cheaper to rent out private accommodation than living on campus. Have a look at websites like spareroom.co.uk to find some rooms in the Norwich area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mobbsy91
Did you apply before the deadline (31 July) and have UEA as your first choice?? There are loads of rooms available to rent if you need to, which can be found on the FB group, as well as the SU's Homerun if you need to! If you follow the UEA Accom twitter feed, you'll see when they send out a batch of offers, and hopefully yours will come soon!

applied through clearing, and thanks
applied through clearing, and thanks

Ahh ok! Are you in the UEA Fresher's 2016 group?? If you don't get a room offer, then sometimes people post there if they have a spare room going, and often this is actually on par, or cheaper than halls! Fingers crossed for getting an offer!
Original post by mobbsy91
Ahh ok! Are you in the UEA Fresher's 2016 group?? If you don't get a room offer, then sometimes people post there if they have a spare room going, and often this is actually on par, or cheaper than halls! Fingers crossed for getting an offer!

Thanks so much! Really hope I get an ensuite but a lot of people says thats unlikely, feel uncomfortable at the thought of sharingg bathrooms in single campus 😱😱😱 but since its theough clearing it might be what I get :frown:
Thanks so much! Really hope I get an ensuite but a lot of people says thats unlikely, feel uncomfortable at the thought of sharingg bathrooms in single campus 😱😱😱 but since its theough clearing it might be what I get :frown:

The single non-ensuite are the most popular, so there may still be a chance :smile:
Reply 27
Just to second the fact that private accommodation is cheaper, I live in a really nice private 2 bedroom Georgian flat in the Golden Triangle (very sought after area with direct bus to campus) and I pay £312 a month, with about £50 in bills. In 1st year I was paying £130ish a week for a room on campus. Larger shared houses can work out even cheaper, so please try not to worry too much, you WILL find somewhere to live :smile:
Please help me too what is the accommodations to take between private accommodations and the halls on campus for a first year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending