The Student Room Group

Student finance form mistake

I've enrolled at the open university and I'm studying full time. I applied for a full time student finance loan, but I can't do that because I've just found out all OU students are technically part time.

Do I cancel it? And if so how?
Original post by BonitaB
I've enrolled at the open university and I'm studying full time. I applied for a full time student finance loan, but I can't do that because I've just found out all OU students are technically part time.

Do I cancel it? And if so how?

You can cancel it in your online account(under the university name)but don't do that, what I would advise you to do is call student finance England to get it deleted(personally I think things are better deleted than left on the system just to wipe it)and then apply for your part time loan (all OU are classed as part time)

if you prefer to do a paper form then you can go on the gov.uk website and the student finance forms - the form you need is a PTL**
Reply 2
Original post by murpo
You can cancel it in your online account(under the university name)but don't do that, what I would advise you to do is call student finance England to get it deleted(personally I think things are better deleted than left on the system just to wipe it)and then apply for your part time loan (all OU are classed as part time)

if you prefer to do a paper form then you can go on the gov.uk website and the student finance forms - the form you need is a PTL**

Hey thanks for replying. I called them a bit ago and I just have to wait 24hrs to apply for part time. Thank you
Original post by BonitaB
Hey thanks for replying. I called them a bit ago and I just have to wait 24hrs to apply for part time. Thank you

your welcome - the team that delete actually work faster than that timescale - I would bet that it's already deleted for you now and you should be able to apply - the advisor should of told you up to 48 hours though not 24 as that's the correct procedure.*

Cheers :smile: *

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending