The Student Room Group

First installment doesn't cover accommodation.

Hi, I checked my student finance payments after receiving my accommodation offer and noticed that my first payment is short of my accommodation meaning I would have no student loan to cover my first term. However my term 3 payment would, is there any way I can discuss this? I tried contacting Student Finance England over the phone but couldn't get through to a person.
Original post by Emily May
Hi, I checked my student finance payments after receiving my accommodation offer and noticed that my first payment is short of my accommodation meaning I would have no student loan to cover my first term. However my term 3 payment would, is there any way I can discuss this? I tried contacting Student Finance England over the phone but couldn't get through to a person.

I m afraid that, you need to have a serious conversation with your parents about this. Could you arrange a swap to cheaper accomodation? SFE wont give you higher than your entitlement i m afraid.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I m afraid that, you need to have a serious conversation with your parents about this. Could you arrange a swap to cheaper accomodation? SFE wont give you higher than your entitlement i m afraid.

I will do, and i'm not sure, the course i'm on was an alternative offer in a campus that I hadn't applied to accommodation for in advance so I got whatever they had. Thanks for your help, i'm going to ring my university about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending