The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Got into Sussex through Clearing

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat, I just got my acceptance email and currently waiting for accommodation offers from them :smile:

Scroll to see replies

me too! what course are you studying?:smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I got in through Clearing as well! I'm doing Biosciences with a foundation year, a bit nervous about it, but I'm excited too :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by LittleElfiee
me too! what course are you studying?:smile:

Psychology for me, what about you?
Original post by xofia

Chemistry :biggrin:, I'm worried about finding accommodation if they can'f offer any
Reply 5
Original post by LittleElfiee
Chemistry :biggrin:, I'm worried about finding accommodation if they can'f offer any

me too, I guess we'll just have to quickly look for private accommodation, but I spoke to someone who goes there now (they also got in through clearing) and she says the accommodation department is super helpful so i'm hopeful :biggrin:
Original post by xofia
me too, I guess we'll just have to quickly look for private accommodation, but I spoke to someone who goes there now (they also got in through clearing) and she says the accommodation department is super helpful so i'm hopeful :biggrin:

Hopefully they will get back to us ASAP so we're not waiting too long!
Reply 7
Original post by xofia

I got in through clearing to do psychology as well :smile:
Reply 8
i got in through clearing aswell, doing Politics :smile:))
Reply 9
i submitted a clearing form online at sussex website for the international year one, then someone from a agent (Study Group )contact me, they said they would offer me a place there. i did a bit research then and found out that sussex does not have their own international year one? so whats going on here? is that a fraud? should i trust them?
they told me i can contact sussex to check but it's Saturday now!!!! (they did mention that the place for international year one is in sussex uni)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yanl
i submitted a clearing form online at sussex website for the international year one, then someone from a agent (Study Group )contact me, they said they would offer me a place there. i did a bit research then and found out that sussex does not have their own international year one? so whats going on here? is that a fraud? should i trust them?
they told me i can contact sussex to check but it's Saturday now!!!! (they did mention that the place for international year one is in sussex uni)

Sussex DOES have an international year one program..
You can read it at isc.sussex.ac.uk
Still looking for accomodation / housemates what about you guys? x
Reply 12
Original post by Student.53
Still looking for accomodation / housemates what about you guys? x

also still waiting for accommodation... stressful that if I don't get uni halls I'll only have a week to look for private accommodation :s-smilie:
Original post by xofia
also still waiting for accommodation... stressful that if I don't get uni halls I'll only have a week to look for private accommodation :s-smilie:

I've started looking for room mates and private accomodation x
Reply 14
I've started looking for room mates and private accomodation x

hmm yeah I've looked at a couple of places but of course I can't place any deposits or anything until I know for sure whether I've got halls or not... tricky situation :tongue:
Original post by xofia
hmm yeah I've looked at a couple of places but of course I can't place any deposits or anything until I know for sure whether I've got halls or not... tricky situation :tongue:

I've heard that halls is full from a friend :frown:
Reply 16
I've heard that halls is full from a friend :frown:

oh damn... any idea of how to find accommodation with other 1st years? I just don't want to be the annoying fresher living with 3rd years or something
Original post by xofia
oh damn... any idea of how to find accommodation with other 1st years? I just don't want to be the annoying fresher living with 3rd years or something

theres a whatsapp group chat with me and 2 other boys looking for accom, they are viewing a 6 bedroom house soon?
Reply 18
theres a whatsapp group chat with me and 2 other boys looking for accom, they are viewing a 6 bedroom house soon?

Alright if I message you privately?
Original post by xofia
Alright if I message you privately?

Yeah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending