The Student Room Group

Tutorial/enrichment

Hello
I start college soon and would like to know what tutorial is? I also know there will be enrichment and I am in a wheelchair so i would like to know whether there would be anything suitable for me to during this time?

Thank you sorry if this is a stupid question. I have not studied in a college before
Original post by emsymarie
Hello
I start college soon and would like to know what tutorial is? I also know there will be enrichment and I am in a wheelchair so i would like to know whether there would be anything suitable for me to during this time?

Thank you sorry if this is a stupid question. I have not studied in a college before

Don't worry, I had the same questions! Tutorial is usually when your class sits down with a designated member of staff and talks about things like finance, health/sexual health, uni etc. As for enrichment, this is often like an extra class in a way. For the first half of my year at college we had drama sessions, and for the second half of the year it was extra lessons based solely on camera work. What you do for enrichment will depend on the college, their facilities, and the course you're doing. In my case, it was TV and Film. Whatever it is, it should be suitable for you to do and if it isn't then I'd have a word with student learning support and maybe your tutorials tutor. Have fun at college, and don't worry too much about it!

Quick Reply

Latest