The Student Room Group

Is there anybody that failed their GCSEs and resat them then went on to do A levels?

I got 3 GCSEs in maths (B), chemistry (B) and physics (C). I was thinking of resitting my GCSEs next year at a college to increase the number then after next year apply for A levels at a college. Is this a good idea? I've been really depressed since my shockingly poor results. :frown:

Is there anyone that has done this?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
aren't you supposed to get like 9 GCSEs atleast? i did mine 2 years ago and did 11 minimum but you can resit your chosen subjects in GCSEs whilst studying your A levels its a bit of hard work but it saves time in the long run
Original post by Kryptonian
I got 3 GCSEs in maths (B), chemistry (B) and physics (C). I was thinking of resitting my GCSEs next year at a college to increase the number then after next year apply for A levels at a college. Is this a good idea? I've been really depressed since my shockingly poor results. :frown:

Is there anyone that has done this?

Hello, if you think you messed up for a particular reason then I don't see why you shouldn't resit them, you did really well in the GCSE's you did get!
However, GCSE's are a HUGE step up from A-level. I got 14 A*-C at GCSE and gave up after a year of A-levels. I think doing a level 2 & 3 in something at college would be good for you, or maybe an apprenticeship?

Quick Reply

Latest