The Student Room Group

How does school attendance work?

My school day begins at 9.20am for morning registration then period 1 begins at 9.30. We finish at 3.30pm.

So to be counted present for the morning session do I have to attend school in any period before 12pm? So that teacher in that period would mark be down on the register as Late and SIMS would automatically change the AM mark to present?
Original post by adz234
My school day begins at 9.20am for morning registration then period 1 begins at 9.30. We finish at 3.30pm.

So to be counted present for the morning session do I have to attend school in any period before 12pm? So that teacher in that period would mark be down on the register as Late and SIMS would automatically change the AM mark to present?

Every school and college will do things differently.

If you're that bothered, ask your school.
Original post by adz234
To have attended the morning, you will need to attend registration. If the morning register is not done, or you receive an unauthorised (N) absence, then this would be changed by a present mark in period 1 under the SIMS system. However, is the attendance/late team register you as late, you will receive an L in the morning registration column and will be marked as absent up to the point of your first attended lesson. Do not skip registration because of this information! As the patterns are monitored, you will be noticed and swift action will be taken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending